Devante Cole: "City don't care about English kids"

Bit sensationalised. I don't blame some of our kids for feeling they don't get a proper chance. But I think they are looked after, and cared for.

Not sure why he seems surprised that we tried to sell him after he told us he wants to leave. Pretty much common sense really, any club would do it.

Pretty sure Sturridge was something we tried our best to sort to, but for a good year plus we all knew he wanted to go to Chelsea.

Even if you think the youth set up at city is some sort of ruthless monster you can only conclude that the top talent will survive and progress. Master Cole must then assume that either he wasn't talented enough,or for some strange xenophobic and costly reason he has been overlooked in favour of less talented youngsters(lol). It appears he thinks the latter. What a tool. Mcfc, ruining delusion since 2008.

Aren't two thirds of our academy lads from Manchester? Maybe I'm wrong but I thought I read that the other day. That's Manchester, not England.

On top of that, he turned down a contract and said he wanted to leave... so why is he crying about us rightfully trying to get compensation for one of our assets? He's basically had a moan because he just wanted to go on loan and then leave on a free?

Maybe the reason he didn't get a shot is because he, in his own words, answers back and tells the staff when he doesn't agree with them? He's an unproven achieved fuck all kid and I f my dad was a famous top level striker, I'd keep my fucking head down, mouth shut and practise twice as long as everyone else. As it is, his dad's contacts more than likely got him into our academy anyway so he can stick his "fairness" up his arse. Or I suppose you could just use your family as a crutch throughout your disappointing career and occasionally delve back into your dads phone book to find someone who will print your self pitying shite in the Daily Fail.

He's the same age as Sterling and plays for Bradford. MLS player within 3 years.

Even if you think the youth set up at city is some sort of ruthless monster you can only conclude that the top talent will survive and progress. Master Cole must then assume that either he wasn't talented enough,or for some strange xenophobic and costly reason he has been overlooked in favour of less talented youngsters(lol). It appears he thinks the latter. What a tool. Mcfc, ruining delusion since 2008.
There is a certain irony in him mentioning Pozo and Lopes as getting preferential treatment when both have been sold.

Hearing United's views of our academy, this sounds like Joe Bernstein acting on behalf of them. Putting across the message that English kids should not join City.

I read it this morning, it's a nasty little piece of journalism. These "revelations" are something we're going to have to get thick skinned about, our academy is so big now, a vast majority of the youngsters coming through wont get anywhere near the first team, so when released or sold on to teams in lower leagues, will give a lot of bitter ammunition to the lets-slag-city-off brigade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.