Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I can't disagree with you. The second half against West Ham we created enough chances to beat them by a similar margin as we beat the Mags yesterday. We didn't take them so we lost the game. No one in the ground yesterday at half time could have predicted what was going to happen in the first 25 minutes of that second half. Truly scintilating football the like of which I can't remember, the nearest was a home European game against Standard Liege in 76 or 77 when I think we were drawing 1-1 and in the last 20 minutes Barnes ripped them to shreds and we won the game 4-1.

I have a feeling with the attacking options we have a few more teams are going to be blown away, especially when we play Silva in the number 10 role.

Thick head today after a long night drinking with fellow blues. Roll on Bournemouth.
Bournemouth could be the next on the receiving end, although they look a far more organised outfit than the mags.

As for Pellers, another trophyless season will definitely see him gone, a capital one or fa cup triumph might not even be enough to save him. I think he's either got to win the league or champs league to guarantee another season.

Nightmare? How the fuck do you reach that conclusion?
Pep staying at Bayern will have no impact whatsoever on us, not the teensiest, tiniest bit.
Klopp going to Liverpool will give them a real opportunity to get a top 4 place, at best. Again, having no impact on us at all.
We made the right decision keeping Pellegrini and the league table is a testament to that. Had we avoided serious injury to our two most important players we'd be out of sight by now.
You're just playing up to your forum persona now, surely?

Not at all, mate.

It won't impact us this season, I agree.

But next season, when we have ear marked Pep coming it will!

Some people on here would appear to suffer from symptoms similar to mixed anxiety-depressive disorder ...

Not at all, mate.

It won't impact us this season, I agree.

But next season, when we have ear marked Pep coming it will!
We have no way of knowing one way or another that appointing Pep will be a success or not.
What we do know is Pellegrini can win us trophies. He's already done a double and I think this season will see more of the same.
I was actually referring to next season with my earlier post.
You don't seem to be enjoying your time as a blue as much as you should be. The here and now is a fantastic period for us. Embrace it mate. There are great times ahead.

Great post mate. When we played 442 it was ok for Silva to be a wide player because he could drift inside and find space where he is so dangerous. Playing a 4231 however, he HAS to play in the middle for me. When he started on the right on Saturday, there was no space for him to drift in to - De Bruyne was already there.

I love De Bruyne as a player, but I think he is too direct to play at 10 for us. We need someone there who dictates play, an "out ball" that our defenders and midfielders can always look for which allows them to push out. Someone they can rely on to keep possession and bring others in to play. KDB's first thought is not to link up play, it's to head towards goal. We've needed a bit more of that mentality, but he's more suited to playing wide for us.

Playing Silva centrally also frees him up from having as much defensive responsibilities. In the first 25 minutes on Saturday he was often on the edge of our box, holding his man up, trying to win it back. He was doing his best, but I don't want him there, I want him further up the pitch doing what he does best!

I actually think the Newcastle goal was Silva's fault, he didn't track Winjagen's run. But I don't really blame Silva, he's a playmaking genius, I don't want him tracking runs in our box. I want him in essentially a free role, dictating the game from further up the pitch.

Definitely, there is no point nullifying our best player by forcing him to expend energy on defensive duties. He's much better being further up the pitch. I also get your point about De Bruyne as a no.10. He plays like a winger in that role as he likes to instantly head forwards and go towards goal. Because of our style of play we need Silva in that position as he knows when to slow things down and when to play the killer pass. The control of possession is vital to our formation as otherwise we can have too big a gap between midfield and defence and be picked off quite easily. I'm sure Pellegrini will have recognised that we were better when Silva was central (6 goals scored is quite a clue).

As for Pellers, another trophyless season will definitely see him gone, a capital one or fa cup triumph might not even be enough to save him. I think he's either got to win the league or champs league to guarantee another season.
I honestly think he'll be gone whatever happens, its what was agreed when he joined and then reaffirmed in the summer with the 1 year extension.

Bonus if he can ride off into the sunset with another trophy or two under his belt, but I think its in all parties interest that he will leave at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.