Discussion: Txiki Begiristain (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we name one first team squad member who has improved this season over last ....

DoF and Manager share this responsibility perhaps ????

portisheadblue said:
Can we name one first team squad member who has improved this season over last ....

Surely that's the manager and his coaching teams responsibility?

portisheadblue said:

Joe Hart, Clichy and in goals Silva.

portisheadblue said:

Begiristain is not involved in the day to day coaching of the players, so don't think you can blame him for that.

As others have said, this summer is a big transfer window for Begiristain, and may well determine his future at the club. Hopefully he will deliver.

Mr Partridge said:
Mister Appointment said:
flb said:
If you think Txiki will be here for more than another two seasons then fair enough, if Barca really after him back as there DoF then it's only a matter of time .

You're excellent at shifting goal posts. I'm sure that it's only a matter of time before everyone from Pellegrini to Txiki, to Aguero, leaves. Football is fluid like that. However the point which I'm hoping has permeated the walls of your skull is that with the owners we have we have literally nothing to worry about.

Mark Hughes spent 200 plus million pounds on players who for the most part turned out to be useless. Yet we survived and still went on to win two titles in three years.

Bit harsh. The only Hughes signings I can think of who were useless were Santa Cruz and maybe Bridge. The others all played some part in improving us from what we were at the time.

The point is simply that money was wasted, some would say huge sums of it, yet we as a team and as a club still only got better. That's because the people ultimately running the club know what they're doing. It's why when idiots make comments about how we're building our future on sand, I feel the need to pull them up.

There's a distinction which I think is important to make between genuine discussion and just being a dick for the sake of it. Far too many posters when it comes to talking about Txiki go for the latter route. Whether it's through insecurity, through a lack of genuine understanding as to how football clubs work, or just because they don't like him, they tend to make stupid asinine comments like flb has done repeatedly, characterising the employment of our DoF as some sort of disaster waiting to happen which might sink the club or ruin our immediate future.

We've signed one flop. His name is Fernandinho.

Fernandinho is not a bad player, but never worth 40 million and simply does not fit in this system.

What we needed was a Xavi type player. There's loads of them out there. Modric, Rakitic, Kroos etc.

Lampard is similar to Xavi and would do a great job alongside Toure but it seems they don't want to use him regularly.

mastermind said:

Fernandinho is not a bad player, but never worth 40 million and simply does not fit in this system.

What we needed was a Xavi type player. There's loads of them out there. Modric, Rakitic, Kroos etc.

Lampard is similar to Xavi and would do a great job alongside Toure but it seems they don't want to use him regularly.
Haha. Username is surely a breach of trade descriptions act.

mastermind said:

tumblr_n4g7soQavs1s4bglio1_500.gif

The big problem I have with Txiki is that the best players at the club now are basically still the ones who were here when he arrived, Fernandinho apart I remain unconvinced that the rest of the signings on his watch are up to the standard required. Mangala may turn out to be but £32m is a hell of a lot for "may".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.