Ditching Sky

I have just bought a amazon firestick and I have installed kodi on it. This point is where I am stuck, it says to download Es Explorer but when I search for it, its like it doesn't exist or has stopped being available on the fire stick? Any ideas?

I have just bought a amazon firestick and I have installed kodi on it. This point is where I am stuck, it says to download Es Explorer but when I search for it, its like it doesn't exist or has stopped being available on the fire stick? Any ideas?

Do you have google playstore. It's on there.

Just got off the phone to Sky and the 30 days notice are in, was offered a deduction from £116 to £76 per month but still way to far over what i want to pay. Looks like its BT with there 76mb broadband and £10 entertainment package for me for £54 month
Well less than a week since i put my 30days notice in had a phone call from sky offering me my full tv package which i have now for £33 month on a rolling monthly contract. That gives me Sky Entertainment package, all Sky Sports Channels, Multiroom and Sky Go Extra. Just after driving down my Broadband and Line Rental Price now and would be willing to pay overall total of £50 month.

What sort of deals has anybody else had from Sky lately??

Thanks, I have ES explorer now. The instructions im following are telling me to unzip files, but they wont unzip on es explorer. You got a decent set of instructions I can follow?

Google "ZIP" and download 7-zip file manager.
when you have this open it and select unzip and then then file you want to unzip.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/26/football-fans-stream-sky-bt-sport-live-viewers
I know some people are chuffed they are able to work out how to stream for free but can you not go to the papers showing off about it? You're supposed to keep these things relatively shtum and maybe they will last longer. Now that everyone and their grandad are doing it, it forces their hand to a) Yes maybe adjust their prices(but honestly they can't beat free, I don't believe it will be enough to sway most people back) but also b) Come down on it hard by any means available to them... as they've done before. I've seen a lot of articles about this in the press recently just by searching "sky sports" so I have a feeling they are about to react.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/26/football-fans-stream-sky-bt-sport-live-viewers
I know some people are chuffed they are able to work out how to stream for free but can you not go to the papers showing off about it? You're supposed to keep these things relatively shtum and maybe they will last longer. Now that everyone and their grandad are doing it, it forces their hand to a) Yes maybe adjust their prices(but honestly they can't beat free, I don't believe it will be enough to sway most people back) but also b) Come down on it hard by any means available to them... as they've done before. I've seen a lot of articles about this in the press recently just by searching "sky sports" so I have a feeling they are about to react.

I think the way forward with this would to to offer tv season tickets; I think that would mean people paying decent money for what they actually want.
I'm still in love with city, but not with football more widely, and I have very little interest in watching 2 other teams play, whoever they are.
That's even before we get to the golf, cricket, F1, tiddlywinks etc included in the price
That's why for me, the sky, bt current model doesnt work.
All the matches are televised now anyway for overseas, so the extra costs would be minimal.
TV companies pay such a large proportion of the club revenues now that they should push for all the 3pm kos to be televised on a club by club basis

I posted above that I got the lot for £30 and a new SkyQ box. If it goes up I'm off again. Kodi is okay at times but I miss the convenience and reassurance that the game will be there. I'll be doing what @mcfcstu did and getting an ongoing deal. I think £30 for the lot would tempt a lot back for these reasons.

£80+ is ridiculous.

I think the way forward with this would to to offer tv season tickets; I think that would mean people paying decent money for what they actually want.
I'm still in love with city, but not with football more widely, and I have very little interest in watching 2 other teams play, whoever they are.
That's even before we get to the golf, cricket, F1, tiddlywinks etc included in the price
That's why for me, the sky, bt current model doesnt work.
All the matches are televised now anyway for overseas, so the extra costs would be minimal.
TV companies pay such a large proportion of the club revenues now that they should push for all the 3pm kos to be televised on a club by club basis
I think I get what you mean... you pay for the games for your own club regardless of what channel they are on rather than a subscription to a sports channel/package where you pay for all sorts of sports and content you'll never watch? I like the sounds of that I imagine it would be a nightmare for them to implement though, they could maybe just make new channels for each club though and forward the streams through them accordingly. Wouldn't that be the death of a lot of sports that aren't well supported though?

Last edited:

And I agree with nearly 100% of those comments. Ditched Sky Sports the other week and I've already had a shiny letter come through and an email.

If you could pick and choose the games you wanted rather than having a load of shite forced on you then it would be a lot better. Perceived impartiality would be nice as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.