Ditching Sky

I have an Openbox now and I paid £30 for a years sub after recommendations off a few lads who use the same server. Any how mine fucking scrambles all the frigging time yet my mates don't anybody know why?

do you mean the channels don't clear or they clear but pixalate?

check you are using correct C line- Nline for the server/cam you are using
or
Tuners on the older openboxs are renowned for being hit and shit....even worse openbox's themselves were cloned in the initial boom so could be the box is a copy of a cloned clone
or
cables and connections are faulty

Forgive me fellow Blues, for I have sinned................

I posted on here a while back that I was ditching Sky, who had increased my subscription in increments over the years despite regular 'deals' saving me a few quid, but was still paying over a hundred nicker for standard package with sports, HD, 1 multiroom, line rental and unlimited broadband. After a hell of a phone call trying to cancel (they really didn't want to lose a mug like me paying so much!) I cancelled, keeping the Sky+ subscription for a tenner, and they bizarrely then halved my line rental and gave me free Broadband for 12 months for being a 'loyal customer'

So there was me, all happy and paying £17.50 for line rental and broadband with the Sky+ subscription of a tenner a month (record, pause, rewind Freesat etc), and with Agueroooooo's help set up an Amazon Fire TV box with a decent build - happy bunny, saving a hundred nicker a month.

However, I live in the sticks, and my internet connection is shite, so couldnt watch any HD content without buffering and managing to get streams that resembled watching tv 30 years ago, but I persevered.

Then a letter dropped through my door from Sky offering me my old package, with Sports for £19.

What to do. I am a man of principle, and these fuckers had ripped me off for so long. But......£19? The principled me on my left shoulder said fuck 'em, but the sport loving me on my right shoulder (and my wife) was saying go for it, make life easier, she hated the Kodi option - too technical.

Guess who won. I rang them to clarify, not a trick but a genuine deal. The HD bit is a tenner extra, but I offset that against the tenner I would no longer be charged for the Sky+ subscription which comes free with a package.

So, I bit the bullet, and did the deal for £36 quid a month for the Box Sets bundle + Sports package (£19), line rental (£7), broadband (Freebie) and HD (£10), all in time for the Spurs game. The picture quality compared to the streaming I could get was fucking amazing - shame about the footie quality.

I'm still feeling smug - I feel like I've won the moral victory in that they were getting over a ton a month off me, now only £36.

Happy days
BR

I cancelled my entertainment and sports package with sky as they wanted over £60 a month, got an email today, a week before my notice period ends offering a 50% discount on everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cancelled 4 weeks ago, I had full sky package + phone + broadband, was paying £108 a month. Had a phone call yesterday £45 for the lot, that's a result.

Cancelled 4 weeks ago, I had full sky package + phone + broadband, was paying £108 a month. Had a phone call yesterday £45 for the lot, that's a result.
Always perceiver with them they cave in eventually, I've been doing it for 7 years. Never haggle with the first sly operator ask for disconnections, always offer better deals

I'm back with them after leaving. I kept the Internet but managed to get their best package for £20 after they removed line the rental charge, fibre max or whatever it's called, 76 megawhoppers in theory, estimated a minimum of 55, I get about 45 and then 25-30 through wifi, wank.

Anyway, I noticed one of those 60% new customer offers that Martin Lewis has on TV, so signed up in my name rather than my girlfriends who has the Internet. Managed to get it on sky Q without any set up fees etc, so all the channels (boxsets HD and all that) and an extra mini box for a touch over £40. All in all just over £60 for the best they've got to offer. I am pretty impressed with the Q and I haven't even got an ultra HD TV. I've found myself not bothering with the boxes too much as I can't be arsed messing about finding patchy streams and in any case have more TV saved ready to watch than time available to do so.

Saying all that if there is an easy way to plug something in and have it work without issue, then I'm all ears. It also saves the annual cancellation/rejoin bollocks.

They mustn't have wanted me to stay..!
They put our full package, multi room, with broadband and phone line up to £138 per month. After much haggling they said they would do it for £120. I told em to sack it. Cancelled and went with Virgin for the same thing plus BT Sport, for £79 per month. Haven't heard anything from Sky since.

The offer I mentioned above 60% off sky Q TV is on money saving expert again. £30 a month with everything or £42 if you want a second box (HD is another £6 I think). It's for customers who haven't had sky for 12 months, so if you have cancel the TV (you'll probably get a discount on the broadband if it's standalone) and put it in someone else's name. Appreciate that most wouldn't want to give these lot a penny, but for those who do...

Get an android box £30 quid nothing else to pay works great fuck sky get everything box sets sky sports boxing the lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.