Do we play good football?

Always nice to see someone with a different view allowed to post without a posse of mods ganging up and belittling the poster...

Let me clarify the situation.

Pep came into this club as some sort of saviour, the best manager in the world. Every City fan, including me, were very happy that he came. He has elevated our club to another level, a level that the owners demanded.

Since they came into being our club has gone from strength to strength, with our player base getting better and our managers the same. I think that when Pep gets the players he wants then we will dominate the league for a few years at the very least. But...

This season's football has slipped against his high standards. This is due to a number of things, injuries, ageing back line, poor goalie choices etc etc. Winning 5-0 is great. A clean sheet, Vinnie gets a good goal, Silva and KDB play well and we have brilliant movement across the pitch, albeit against a very poor Palace side, but if you think that the first half was an exciting game of football then I must have watched a different game. At times it was pedestrian, to me to you football. It's great for stats but not good to watch. The crowd gets bored, the game then goes a little flat, the singing stops and 1-0 up after 6 minutes suddenly seems a long time ago.

I preferred Mancini's way of playing football. That's it. The nub. At times it was dull as well but I don't remember as many dull moments. The team also had characters in it. This one doesn't. As with all Pep's teams, professional. Do the job. Pass, pass and pass again...

I have put my finger on it. We are treading water. Waiting for the season to end before some old stalwarts are quietly moved on and the young blood comes in.

I still find it, at times, dull. There I said it.

Sorry if my opinion differs from everyone else's.

Who else has said it was dull then or one dimensional?

Maybe read the whole thread rather than wading in size 9 first?

Malg said..."I think we're boring, and predictable, very much like last season."

Cadds92..."2017 - bar the Monaco home game - has been absolute bobbins overall."

dubblue..."Bar the very odd time it's been sleep inducing at times. Next season has to be better in more ways than one."

Quiet Riot..."We only play good football with any pace or directness when the opposition does. Against buses of 10 or 11 players we pass sideways and backwards forever."

That's just a random selection from the first 2 pages...

Always nice to see someone with a different view allowed to post without a posse of mods ganging up and belittling the poster...

Pep came into this club as some sort of saviour, the best manager in the world. Every City fan, including me, were very happy that he came. He has elevated our club to another level, a level that the owners demanded.

Since they came into being our club has gone from strength to strength, with our player base getting better and our managers the same. I think that when Pep gets the players he wants then we will dominate the league for a few years at the very least. But...

This season's football has slipped against his high standards. This is due to a number of things, injuries, ageing back line, poor goalie choices etc etc. Winning 5-0 is great. A clean sheet, Vinnie gets a good goal, Silva and KDB play well and we have brilliant movement across the pitch, albeit against a very poor Palace side, but if you think that the first half was an exciting game of football then I must have watched a different game. At times it was pedestrian, to me to you football. It's great for stats but not good to watch. The crowd gets bored, the game then goes a little flat, the singing stops and 1-0 up after 6 minutes suddenly seems a long time ago.

I preferred Mancini's way of playing football. That's it. The nub. At times it was dull as well but I don't remember as many dull moments. The team also had characters in it. This one doesn't. As with all Pep's teams, professional. Do the job. Pass, pass and pass again...

I have put my finger on it. We are treading water. Waiting for the season to end before some old stalwarts are quietly moved on and the young blood comes in.

Nothing wrong with your opinion mate. I think we play some great stuff, the best I have seen at times, but when the tempo drops or the players lack confidence the passing goes from forward to sideways and then the number of runs of the ball drops and it becomes a vicious circle.

I also miss a good goal from a high cross and a Dzeko or Balo out muscling the opposition. Sometimes it needs to be a bit too precise as we often have few to many players In the box and little height worth putting a high ball in for. So I can understand why it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Nothing wrong with your view but overall playing two wingers and incorporating Silva and KDB the positives outweigh the negatives for me.

Each to their own. I really enjoy watching us pass it about. The kind of football I find dull is the way teams managed by the likes of Pulis/Allardyce/Mourinho. I also find Leicester pretty dull and teams that just play it out to wingers to cross for the big CF in the box.

I might be in the minority but I enjoy the way we play and have enjoyed the majority of the season, even if the results haven't always been as I would have liked.

Maybe read the whole thread rather than wading in size 9 first?

Malg said..."I think we're boring, and predictable, very much like last season."

Cadds92..."2017 - bar the Monaco home game - has been absolute bobbins overall."

dubblue..."Bar the very odd time it's been sleep inducing at times. Next season has to be better in more ways than one."

Quiet Riot..."We only play good football with any pace or directness when the opposition does. Against buses of 10 or 11 players we pass sideways and backwards forever."

That's just a random selection from the first 2 pages...

You commented specifically on the 5-0 win yesterday claiming it was dull and one dimensional.

The posters you have quoted in a lame attempt at justifying your wumming and trolling have commented on the season and i dont agree with them either but im not discussing their opinions here, just yours.

Mods are posters as well and believe it or not, entitled to an opinion the exact same way you are. My opinion is you not only talk out of your arse at any and every opportunity you mainly do it for effect and to cause maximum mischief, hence the reason we think you're a wum and troll and going off the last few pages, others do as well.

So, back to your opinion on yesterdays win..........absolute fucking rubbish....your opinion that is!

Each to their own. I really enjoy watching us pass it about. The kind of football I find dull is the way teams managed by the likes of Pulis/Allardyce/Mourinho. I also find Leicester pretty dull and teams that just play it out to wingers to cross for the big CF in the box.

I might be in the minority but I enjoy the way we play and have enjoyed the majority of the season, even if the results haven't always been as I would have liked.

I enjoy it mostly. I would like some variation though. We appear to have no plan b. Once a team sits in then it becomes very tedious watching them try and break a defence down. I understand that this is a little like chess and can be fascinating but, as @franksinatra said, having a Dzeko up front would change the focus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.