"Do you consent to being searched?"

Got asked this for the first time yesterday outside entrance K, suggesting that the club has been acting illegally previously in searching people without explicit consent.

Was everyone else asked the same question?
Never. They just wave a metal detector in my general direction. Half the time it doesn’t even pick up my mobile phone.

I've never been asked.
But 100% I don't mind being searched.
Let's keep football safe for all of us.
C.T.I.D

Got asked this for the first time yesterday outside entrance K, suggesting that the club has been acting illegally previously in searching people without explicit consent.

Was everyone else asked the same question?

The response would be "does it involve rubber gloves" if yes the answer is "you can fuck right off" .......of course these days many may well say "oooooh yes please".

I work at the airport and I'm searched nearly every day ,i don't have a problem with it ,it keeps us safe at work ,same as the match ,they do it for a very real reason ,as long as they do it properly and are courteous I cant see a problem.

Never. They just wave a metal detector in my general direction. Half the time it doesn’t even pick up my mobile phone.

It doesn't pick up anything. I used to take stuff out of my pockets thinking it might speed things up, but actually it doesn't care about them anyway.

It must be set to pick up 'something' but normal metal objects it doesn't bother. I could definitely take out a few people with inventive use of some of the items on my key ring.

But they have never asked my permission to scan. nor in the past, search me.

I've only had the metal detector scenario,if they asked me for a search I'd say fuck off,especially a shitty night like last night,pissing down,I know they have a job to do but far too many jobsworths doing that job for my liking,take piss with the length of some queues

I work at the airport and I'm searched nearly every day ,i don't have a problem with it ,it keeps us safe at work ,same as the match ,they do it for a very real reason ,as long as they do it properly and are courteous I cant see a problem.
How does it keep us safe at a match ? They search to stop taking alcohol in .What would.a terroist answer to that question .

You're obliged to submit to searches under your T&C's as an employee at the airport I would imagine, particularly if you work airside. And there's a very real danger of terrorism at the airport so I'd expect that. That's very different to being a customer of a football club, whee there have been precisely zero security-related incidents that would have been avoided by an effective search policy.

I've only had the metal detector scenario,if they asked me for a search I'd say fuck off,especially a shitty night like last night,pissing down,I know they have a job to do but far too many jobsworths doing that job for my liking,take piss with the length of some queues
This was just for the metal detectors, which I'm convinced don't work or aren't switched on. I didn't get patted down yesterday as they normally do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.