"Do you consent to being searched?"

When they first started doing it I was asked, but they've haven't asked recently. Maybe if you just hold your arms out it's taken as tacit approval..?

But yeah they should ask every time as legally they need your permission.

I did notice yesterday that they were doing cursory searches of bags in the queues now which stops delays at the turnstiles.

We get there 45-60 minutes before kick off and I don’t think I’ve ever had to wait more than a minute or so (excluding the first couple of games when no one knew the script).
I often do the same. Yesterday I didn’t as I fell asleep in the afternoon and left my flat later than planned haha. Sometimes I only finish work at 18:30 for an evening game I get there with about two minutes to go before KO.

But thousands are always going to turn up at once at some points.

And what doesn’t help is when the queues are actually light like yesterday but then are caused to become much bigger by security staff who were being awkward, argumentative and obstructive, and were not scanning people through - they were arguing with people and telling people they wouldn’t be coming into the ground and within minutes the queue of 10 became a queue of 150.

I often do the same. Yesterday I didn’t as I fell asleep in the afternoon and left my flat later than planned haha. Sometimes I only finish work at 18:30 for an evening game I get there with about two minutes to go before KO.

But thousands are always going to turn up at once at some points.

And what doesn’t help is when the queues are actually light like yesterday but then are caused to become much bigger by security staff who were being awkward, argumentative and obstructive, and were not scanning people through - they were arguing with people and telling people they wouldn’t be coming into the ground and within minutes the queue of 10 became a queue of 150.

I fully agree, the quality of security staff are always going to be an issue because it’s not economically viable to employ our own and it’s hardly a job most would choose if they had other options and I imagine staff turnover is extremely high. In terms of the process though I don’t think there’s any other solution, once people are in a confined space it’s much harder to escape if needed so I guess the queues outside are the best method of prevention until someone comes up with a better idea.

So you don't think a van load of terrorists pulling up on Ashton New Road and armed with automatic rifles and explosive devices who then opened fire on the hordes of people stood outside, in City Square or in a queue, wouldn't be as bad as someone detonating a device inside the stadium? You're insane if you thing a device inside would cause more carnage than a risk-free attack outside.

And there's another thing. When I flew out to the USA recently, the security devices at the airport detected a paper tissue in my trouser pocket. The hand-held wands at City don't even detect my car and house keys. In fact yesterday, I took my keys out of my pocket and held them in my hand as they put the wand over me. The steward didn't even ask me what I had in my hand, if he even noticed. I could have easily had a grendae under my hat or a pistol taped to my ankle. Neither would have been detected.

Insane really?

It is pretty obvious why it would be more dangerous in a stadium if we compare like for like attacks rather than comparing one detonation to van loads of men with guns and detonating devices. You have the issues of mass panic in a confined area, risk of structural damage, power of an explosion being confined and secondary risk of fire, loss of electricity etc.

The effectiveness of the searches is another whole different topic.

Last edited:
Kicked off a bit yesterday outside entrance K.

The Showsec lot were purposely being awkward and argumentative with fans. Trying to stir trouble.

One was directed at a lad and his young son, Showsec pulled him to one side and said they weren’t letting him in and then proceeded to tell him off like a teacher and a school kid. This was causing the queues to grow as they weren’t scanning or letting people through. Everyone went mad and in the end a load of people just piled through telling them to fuck off and just walking up to the turnstile without being scanned as everyone simply wanted to get into the ground and had had enough of just standing in the rain.

They’re a power hungry disgrace some of those ****s.
Funny you should mention K, I went in about an hour before the game and 2 of the hired help doing nothing were having a conversation about what people where wearing, loudly, as though they were trying to get a reaction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.