Do you eat the crusts?

It usually goes in the bin, but mainly because I live alone and by the time I get to the crusts, they've gone a bit shit. I might sometimes toast them. They go alright with spaghetti hoops, or dipped into soup, but never as a sandwich.
Recycling bin i hope

A pedant would correct your use of "a panini". You can't have the indefinite article applied to a plural noun. "Panini" is plural.
You can have "a paninio" or several panini. Go to Italy and ask for a panini and you'll get more than you bargained for.

Fortunately, I am not a pedant.
Love your last line but what is an indefinite article ?

You're probably going to tell us now that you don't eat the skin on a kiwi fruit.
The wife is posh but even she eats an apple or a kiwi without skinning it.
Out of interest where do you draw the line with fruit skins? Mangoes, bananas, oranges, pineapples?

The is a definite article and a or an is an indefinite article.

Example: Did you see the Sergio goal on 93:20? (refers to a definite goal.)
I hope City score a goal in the first minute of each half! (Any old goal would do!)

Pedants are my heroes!
So 'a' is definitely an article, is 'p' definitely not an article and 'an' you're not sure about so it's indefinite?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.