Do you really believe the league is over...?

The important point I think is that Pep will not think it is over until it is mathematically won. The squad will be well prepared for every game, just like the 27 we have already played winning 23 of them. I really don't expect a dip. We are only in 2 competitions now, not 4. Our focus will be very sharp, our injuries are manageable. We have absolutely no reason to be anything but supremely confident in our coaching team and squad. Is it over, no and yes. No, until you cross the line its not over. Yes, because we are the equivalent of a lap ahead coming into the last lap of a 10,000 metre race.

The irony is that those who are so confident will be the self same people that will go into a panic if the gap reduces to say 7 points with the rags and spurs (away) which is a different proposition.
That statement offends logic. Are you actually suggesting that those currently panicking at a 16 point point gap, will be those to keep their heads calm if it reduces to 7?

After the weekend we now have a fire-cracker at the Emirates. Defeat in front of their own fans will surely start major protests and calls for the managers head like never before.

And United did well to beat Chelsea with that standard of football but it's left Chelsea in a pickle. They face us 3 days after we play Arsenal knowing a loss might ultimately rule them out of the top 4. If they can win, with Utd v Liverpool the following week, they may get within 3 pts of Liverpool or United again! Loving the 2nd-5th place race.

I'm still nervous. I know I have no reason to be, with a 13 point gap, GD and a game in hand. Maybe it's the typical City in me.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, United, Tottenham are all tricky fixtures.

Stoke, Brighton, Swansea, West Ham, Huddersfield & Southampton are all easy and winnable on paper/form, but they're all fighting for survival.

Liverpool & Arsenal are at Old Trafford. Hopefully they pull something out the bag, but being the bottlers we know they are, this isn't likely. Can guarantee Arsenal put in their best performance of the season this Thursday, even though it means nothing to them in terms of getting into CL.

I know it's in our hands, and we should be beating these teams, but I think it's going to be a lot closer than we think. Guess I'm just pessimistic.

There's more than a quarter of the season still to go, so its definitely not over and the coach and players will know this better than anyone. But any lingering doubts can be put to bed if we win the next 2 fixtures as they represent the last good chances for teams to take points off us before it becomes mathematically impossible. Win Thursday and Sunday and we can book the bus

There's more than a quarter of the season still to go, so its definitely not over and the coach and players will know this better than anyone. But any lingering doubts can be put to bed if we win the next 2 fixtures as they represent the last good chances for teams to take points off us before it becomes mathematically impossible. Win Thursday and Sunday and we can book the bus
Exactly my feelings as well. Even 4 points from Thursday and Sunday and i think its all done. Big two games coming up this week, Arsenal is always a place we seem to struggle so even though we should beat them, id take a point. Then 3 points on Sunday and i will feel its pretty much done.

We have already played our toughest away league game at the Chavs and our bogey away team.
I can't honestly see us losing more than 2 games now.
10 draws and beat the rags and it's over.
The soprano is joining Pep for dinner this evening!

Its the games against the top 5 that will be the tricky ones. Win the majority of them and its ours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.