Do you remember when footy boots were black?

jayfx said:
bluevengence said:
Anyone remember these George best monstositys

[bigimg]http://www.mullocksauctions.co.uk/wmsimages/SM-24Jun10A/Lot%20930.jpg[/bigimg]

Never seen those before. absolutely hideous, but ahead of their time. They must have been the equivalent to todays pink boots, back then. They even have the laces on the side, I thought the Adidas Predators were the first boots to try that.

Loving the stories from the old boys about the brown boots & heavy footballs.
i had the gerogie best boots thought i was the dogs,then went on to lawrence 101,but my favs.were adidas beckenbaur

My first Puma boots were from a sports shop at the bottom of Oldham Rd in New Cross. The year was 1960 and cost my Ma £4. She must have made one or two sacrifices to get that sort of money together.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Do I remember them when they were black? Jeez, I remember them when they were brown and had to be dubbined and the studs came with nails sticking out of them and you had to hammer then in using a cobbler's last!
And the ball was made out of leather that weighed a ton (especially when wet)

jayfx said:
bluevengence said:
Anyone remember these George best monstositys

[bigimg]http://www.mullocksauctions.co.uk/wmsimages/SM-24Jun10A/Lot%20930.jpg[/bigimg]

Never seen those before. absolutely hideous, but ahead of their time. They must have been the equivalent to todays pink boots, back then. They even have the laces on the side, I thought the Adidas Predators were the first boots to try that.

Loving the stories from the old boys about the brown boots & heavy footballs.

I remember them.

At junior school in the 60s they were very trendy. Not for City fans like me of course.

eddiemarin09 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Why do people get so bothered about coloured boots.
Do people still long for brown cloths and flairs, mullets, mutton chops, platform shoes, disco music, shit food, cold houses, shit British built cars that only worked on the 3rd Tuesday of every April.

TIME moves fucking on
Best post on this thread so far..people need to move on why do the older people feel they need to let us know that color boots are for twats..my opinion black boots are boring and are as lame as the 70s high shorts and 90s two sizes to big kits..but they'll match lovely with their VCR and record players

Must say I think the follow up post from Big Swifty was better:

Time does indeed move on, but that doesn't mean that players have to turn out like preening jackanapes going to a Julian Clary benefit.

13674-detail.jpg

Mine were magic.

laserblue said:
In the recent Liverpool match I noticed that Gerrard and Carragher were the only players on either side wearing black boots. Was it a coincidence that they were the two oldest players on the pitch?

No.

It was because they're Scousers and didn't pay for them.

Nudge, nudge.

Vienna_70 said:
laserblue said:
In the recent Liverpool match I noticed that Gerrard and Carragher were the only players on either side wearing black boots. Was it a coincidence that they were the two oldest players on the pitch?

No.

It was because they're Scousers and didn't pay for them.

Nudge, nudge.
And somebody had nicked the studs.

Probably because an average player earns in a year what the average working man earns in about 5 for wearing them. Or vanity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.