Talksport

You'll have a particular poster on here on your case. I said, years ago, that I couldn't understand why people moan like fuck about the station, yet still tune in the next day. This poster got very stroppy about what I said, saying that it was up to the individual as to what they listened to. And I wasn't even telling people not to listen! I'll watch this thread VERY closely, to see if this poster has a pop at you. Or if he's just a hypocrite.
I phrased it openly with a ? Of course it's up to the individual as is everything- within the law - just baffles me why anyone would suffer that inane, vacuous dribble - but yep - takes all sorts.

Stopped listening about 15 years ago…..just a comedy station pampering to the red shirts ….
That was probably around the time I started listening. Maybe a bit before.

Jon Gaunt, George Galloway had slots in there. Brazil and Parry were entertaining and the drive show was quality. It’s definitely changed over the years.

I feel perfectly healthy thank you, youngbob, and I fully appreciate that's their m.o. - just think the landscape would be far better without their shit stirring. Yes "ignore it" .... if only others would and would stop reciting it ad verbatim! As for them winding others up in equal measure - don't think so.
Unfortunately that's never going to happen, It's never going away and it's only going to get worse.

Football in general is turning into a soap, Social Media, Influencers, Content Maker...Whatever the fuck they like to call themselves.

TalkSport is in the exact same category as the above and if anything it's expanding, Unfortunately we have more and more people who are thick as fuck living on this planet and they all live in this big bubble which is called "Social Media" they genuinely don't see it as "Reality".

Me personally, I was only ever on Facebook years back and had to delete that because of the amount of dumb cunts on it, I stay clear of all Social Media, TalkSport, Sky Sports ect because its genuinely not good for my mental health I go insane reading and listening to it.

Then again, Even though I'm not on any of it, You've still work colleagues or whatever talking about it so there's sometimes genuinely no escaping these things unfortunately.

It's just pretty grim that we now live in a world full of hatred and shows like TalkSport love to rub people up the wrong way on purpose just to get a reaction from us.

Far be it for me to join the awful cancel culture - but I am. Is it time to boycott this shoddy, grubby sation?
Constant jibes against us, loaded editorial lines to undermine us, constant insinuations, refusal to portray our achievements favourably, failure to defend us or cite the benefits of regeneration and good works our owners have provided, the celebrating of our setbacks and the favouring of the more salacious "City are dodgy, a Frankenstein Club" attacks; their employment of rag and dipper sympathising presenters.
I get that some will listen to anything whatsoever in a dearth and absence of City related discussion - car crash syndrome, but if we and others refused to listen and phone in (only to be ignored and cut off), there is a hope that the station would suffer. Would love to see an end to it and the freeloading rogues gallery that has contained animal neglecters, drink drivers, alleged women beaters, bankrupts, failed business owners et al, made redundant.
Already have. I used to really enjoy listening every morning while walking the dog until it got toxic.

The radio equivalent of gutter press it is not worth listening to and should never be referenced to on this forum.
They would have to resort to imitating City fans to ring in and create a narrative which I wouldn’t put past them
I am so sick of the shit the media spew out about City I don’t listen to any pundits, turn on the game when the City app notifies the game has kicked off, switch off at half time and back on when notified the second half has resumed & only linger post match if we have won!
Roll on the inevitable MCFC own match day broadcasting of the game when we can watch with fellow supporters without the bile biased shit which spoils the current experience
Fuck Sky fuck TNT fuck the BBC

Far be it for me to join the awful cancel culture - but I am. Is it time to boycott this shoddy, grubby sation?
Constant jibes against us, loaded editorial lines to undermine us, constant insinuations, refusal to portray our achievements favourably, failure to defend us or cite the benefits of regeneration and good works our owners have provided, the celebrating of our setbacks and the favouring of the more salacious "City are dodgy, a Frankenstein Club" attacks; their employment of rag and dipper sympathising presenters.
I get that some will listen to anything whatsoever in a dearth and absence of City related discussion - car crash syndrome, but if we and others refused to listen and phone in (only to be ignored and cut off), there is a hope that the station would suffer. Would love to see an end to it and the freeloading rogues gallery that has contained animal neglecters, drink drivers, alleged women beaters, bankrupts, failed business owners et al, made redundant.
I’ve only been on once to hear Noel Gallagher he’s chosen to speak on our achievements, to stay relevant the programme needs a club to hate they are desperate for clicks to sell advertising. Noel is to polite unlike Liam so, they don’t ask Liam
I can imagine the delight in our exit from the cup especially as Arsenal got knocked out too every opportunity is used to put our club down.
Don’t listen they are just jealous I’m gutted about last night, our exit on penalties so listening to Talksport is only going to make it worse

Anyone else think Jordan is gradually changing his rhetoric towards City in recent weeks?

Maybe somebody has had a word because they know what’s coming in terms of the charges being dropped?

Just his tone appears to be softening?

It’s just a vocalised version of football Twitter. It reacts to stuff that happens and each team gets their turn of being the banter target.

I hardly listen any more, but listened on the way back from the match last night and most of their focus was on Arsenal.

Sure they took the mick out of our result, but also said that we deserved to win really and it being one of those things.

I won’t be listening again until I’m coming back from our next night match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.