Talksport

TalkSport's designed to do one thing: wind people up. Doesn't matter if it's City fans or United fans or Arsenal fans or Liverpool fans or whoever, they get the likes of Simon Jordan and thickos like Agbonlahor and O'Hara (such esteemed names!) to spout some wind-up nonsense that they barely believe themselves to get people ringing in and texting in so they can tell their advertisers and sponsors that they're worth the money being invested. The sooner people see TalkSport, and other things like 606, for what they are and back away, the happier and healthier we'll all be.

Far be it for me to join the awful cancel culture - but I am. Is it time to boycott this shoddy, grubby sation?
Constant jibes against us, loaded editorial lines to undermine us, constant insinuations, refusal to portay our achievements favourably, failure to defend us or cite the benefits of regeneration and good works our owners have provided, the celebrating of our setbacks and the favouring of the more salacious "City are dodgy, a Frankenstein Club" attacks; their employment of rag and dipper sympathising presenters.
I get that some will listen to anything whatsoever in a dearth and absence of City related discussion - car crash syndrome, but if we and others refused to listen and phone in (only to be ignored and cut off), there is a hope that the station would suffer. Would love to see an end to it and the freeloading rogues gallery that has contained animal neglecters, drink drivers, alleged women beaters, bankrupts, failed business owners et al, made redundant.
You'll have a particular poster on here on your case. I said, years ago, that I couldn't understand why people moan like fuck about the station, yet still tune in the next day. This poster got very stroppy about what I said, saying that it was up to the individual as to what they listened to. And I wasn't even telling people not to listen! I'll watch this thread VERY closely, to see if this poster has a pop at you. Or if he's just a hypocrite.

Just don’t take it so seriously. It’s just background noise for me when I’m working.

Exactly this, there are plenty of good things said about us as well, but easier to just focus on the negative stuff I suppose.

It's all about engagement as well, so whilst we have 115 charges against us it is always going to be used as a way of generating calls and responses from rival fans.

I find all of these things really easy, Put it into easy context...

Would you go for a drink or a lads weekend away with any of the following:

Gary Neville
Jamie Carragher
Jamie O Hara
Jason Cundy
Rio Ferdinand
Roy Keane
Simon Jordan

Simple answer is NO.

So why would anyone watch them or listen to them. Just avoid the twats and they can't annoy you.

TalkSport's designed to do one thing: wind people up. Doesn't matter if it's City fans or United fans or Arsenal fans or Liverpool fans or whoever, they get the likes of Simon Jordan and thickos like Agbonlahor and O'Hara (such esteemed names!) to spout some wind-up nonsense that they barely believe themselves to get people ringing in and texting in so they can tell their advertisers and sponsors that they're worth the money being invested. The sooner people see TalkSport, and other things like 606, for what they are and back away, the happier and healthier we'll all be.
I feel perfectly healthy thank you, youngbob, and I fully appreciate that's their m.o. - just think the landscape would be far better without their shit stirring. Yes "ignore it" .... if only others would and would stop reciting it ad verbatim! As for them winding others up in equal measure - don't think so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.