Does anyone else feel like this?

As my mate says so accurately, 'Manchester City will always be my team, but they have long since ceased to be my club!'

He and his partner have in excess of 30k points, were Superbia members and have for 2 seasons now hardly been away. Like most us now, we can see our teams stollen from our grasps, with the club, and all clubs I may add, becoming nothing more than a franchise. Liverpool are no different as could be seen by their fans by the corner flag at Anfield Road, where it was like the league of nations!

How do they miss out on 30k? It sold out on 24k

I do indeed remember Taguey’s 15 minutes of fame. And to add insult to injury didn’t City give him another season ticket to replace the one he left in bits on the pitch?
Reminds me of the old joke.
I was so depressed following City in the eighties that I nailed my season ticket to a tree and walked off.
I changed my mind the following week and went back only to find that some bastard had stolen the nail!

I'll get my coat.

Really surprised you feel like that mate as you told me you weren't going to the Etihad a couple of years ago and you hardly miss a game. I know how hard core and passionate you are about City and it's cost you a small fortune but you work hard and City is your hobby, so maybe you'll feel different than you say in time ?

Been 2 seasons since i gave up my SC and i don't miss going every home game anymore although first season without a SC felt strange. When i do go to games i appreciate going more than I did because i pick my games nowadays, something you can't do with a SC because you're at the mercy of stupid KO times set by Sky TNT and to a lesser extent Amazon Prime.

Having said that the Victoria and Bridge Inn pubs where i drank have both shut down and i cant park on Clayton lane anymore so i have to catch the bus or tram or both, and the tram is most often over capacity packed in like sardines in a tin. Yesterday i watched the game in my local with a few blues. I felt disappointed with the draw but not as disappointed as those that went to Anfield. For me to get another SC the price will have to become appealing enough to buy which it isn't with yearly price hikes. I'm quite happy to watch games on my Fire stick or go in the pub and i know plenty of blues who were regulars but aren't anymore for several reasons...
Crickey

I know this is a city forum and indeed I am a visitor but this thread could very much be on a Chelsea Forum and you would probably get much the same comments about our Matchday experiences
Not that many seasons ago I did all home games and all bar 4 away games but perhaps it was COVID or maybe something else possibly VAR maybe lots of things and yes winning cups and titles is great but none hit home like the first PL title that game at Bolton was something I will never forget and dare I say will never in terms of emotion be matched
I gave up my ST in 21/22 and have been to just 2 home games since.
A home game entails a round trip of 240 miles by train and in the day before the game the chatter with fellow Chelsea supporters who joined the train , the humour indeed we were one but so many of those who you knew aren’t there any more and as someone pointed out the tourists with their selfie sticks getting an endless supply of food and drink, the being told to sit it’s just not the same anymore.

I don't have any problems with the club and tickets, I've got a ST in SSL3 and i'm in the cup schemes, the cost is relatively low for the quality of the football. My ticket auto renews every year and I can transfer a ticket to mates and family with a few clicks on my phone. It's great. I reckon most people are in a similar boat.

I don't however think me or anyone else has a right to be at every away game, if anything I think less tickets should be given to the loyalty pot and more dished out to younger age groups (which i'm sadly no longer in). I think it's just as bad the same lot of 50 plus men and women being at every away game and young lads/girls not being able to get there as it is corporate taking tickets and selling to Neutrals.

When the day finally comes that biometric tickets eventually come in for home and away games and they can't be passed on to anyone without going through the clubs ticketing portals then the same lot moaning about tourists/neutrals will be having aneurisms over having to scan their face to get in the ground.

It’s happening across the board. My family have had 4 tickets in the corporate areas for 30 years. All four of us have gone home and away since the late 1980’s (although I’ve been going since the late 1960’s). We never had a problem getting tickets for all 4 of us for away games. This season, we only get two, probably because suddenly, lots of new corporates are asking for away tickets - the real inequity is that if we’d have just collected points (corporate tickets don’t get any points), we’d all have enough to get tickets for any away game. I’m definitely going to get more picky with what I spend in the future - I love the club and always will, but they don’t give a fuck about me.

It's been going downhill for years..........chipped away by various shyte that adds to the fucking matchday experience.

The list is way too long now.....long gone are the days of £1.50 in to a standing terrace with all your mates and organising mad away trips.

It's not aimed at us types anymore and they want us to fuck off and for that reason I'm going fucking nowhere.

It will never ever be the same again and is becoming like fucking disneyworld.

Phone lights and laser shows? Fuck off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.