Does anyone else feel like this?

Reading through this thread, a lot of the people are pointing fingers at people of Asian descent like they are "tourists" who don't follow the Club and are there just for the selfies. Two points:

1) The biggest ethnic minority in Manchester is Asian British, constituting 21% of the population of Manchester. In the Greater Manchester area, 48% of all minorities are Asian. That's not even counting 1st generation migrants who have, oftentimes, been in Manchester for decades. Why are we assuming they are "tourists"?
2) Even if some of the tourists are from Asian countries, shouldn't we admire them for their efforts? Imagine traveling from another continent to see City. That's as much of a "I will follow you anywhere" as you will ever see. Seeing so many posts mentioning Asian people like they are the problem doesn't sit right with me.

If the so-called legacy fans are missing out, the club is to blame, not fellow City fans.

Well said.

I’d rather sit next to some “tourists” than some coked up chavs just looking to kick off tbh.

I largely had a Seasoncard despite not always being able to attend because it guaranteed me a seat in a preferred section. I don’t have the patience or interest to buy match by match because of the many reasons fellow Bluemooners share.

Same. That and it’s 3x more expensive to buy match tickets.

Cheaper to keep hold of a season ticket and just sell tickets to the games you can’t make it to.

It’s awful when you’re in an enclosed space with disruptive people.

But it’s also easy to judge the worst behaved young people with their generation as a whole.

I’ve seen plenty of blokes in their 40s & 50s behaving like absolute twats on my travels. But no one would judge their whole generation on their behaviour.
Agreed. My post wasn't specifically aimed at the younger generation, just an example and observation on society nowadays.

Just leaving anfield now feel rather deflated not with the football but with what I am now witnessing and have been for a while people I know who have followed city for years couldn’t get a ticket today yet I witnessed empty seats
Probably because these football sites couldn’t sell them on at inflated prices, tourists taking selfies all game which will only get worse and police treating us as scum. 1973 was my first game and I think this season will be my last can’t stomach it anymore it’s becoming a piss take now, I will always love the club but it’s becoming less attractive every week anybody who knows me knows I travel extensively all over Europe and England but I think my time’s coming soon to watch on the Firestick with a brew and sandwiches anyone else feel the same
Sad to hear, I suspect I've seen you in some far flung outpost, Kyiv or Moscow perhaps (maybe even York ;)).
I'd had enough at the end of last season when I realised I no longer had a hope in hell of getting an away ticket to the "luxury" games.
Costs, and the ballache factor, for home games played it's part.
I'm sad to say I don't miss it that much - I'm warm, dry and can get a beer anytime I want. There's also the added advantage of seeing the last 10 minutes ;).
Whatever you decide good on you, enjoy it.

Possibly the most depressing thread ever ? but never mind , some of the tourists of today may become week in week out supporters in the future.
Lmfao - that'll be one hell of a trip from Beijing every game!!
Seriously though - the tourists we're talking about, and I've seen at the Etihad on European nights/for the "big" games, might follow from a distance but they ain't going be at the game.
(You might of course have Clarkied me :D)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.