Don Everly R.I.P

Saw them back in about 2004 when they were supporting Simon and Garfunkel at the MEN.
I'd grown up listening to their singles and loved them even as a kid. To then find out they were on the same bill was an added bonus to what was already a fantastic night.
As a music fan, punk being my favourite era, there was no better album than Bridge over Troubled Water, there's a crossover between the Everley Brothers and S & G, brilliant music, RIP Don (my Dad's name as well).

As a music fan, punk being my favourite era, there was no better album than Bridge over Troubled Water, there's a crossover between the Everley Brothers and S & G, brilliant music, RIP Don (my Dad's name as well).
My favourite music as a 15-19 year old was Ska and New Wave; Specials, The Jam, Blondie. Loved Kate Bush too.
My aunt (who is only 15 years older than me, and more like a big sister really) had Bridge Over Troubled Water LP. Even as a 10 year old when I first listened to it I thought I had died and gone to heaven ;-)
Thankfully she also has an older brother (my uncle Tony) who was born in 1941 and he left his Everly Brothers singles behind at my Grandparents when he got married. My Mum though loved Elvis.
I had a blessed childhood music wise ;-)

I just told my partner and we have decided to listen to them tonight and have a few glasses of wine to toast him on his way to that great recording studio in the sky. Phil, look after him but don't play the drums on his songs. You will ruin the harmonies. Back in the day I used to busk with a few pals, can't believe we weren't signed up, but we used to play a few of their songs as we were good at the harmonies, always made us a few quid, so thanks for that too Don.

Saw them back in about 2004 when they were supporting Simon and Garfunkel at the MEN.
I'd grown up listening to their singles and loved them even as a kid. To then find out they were on the same bill was an added bonus to what was already a fantastic night.
Saw them on the same 2004 tour, only in Hyde Park rather than the MEN. Couldn't believe my luck when I saw the Everly Brothers were supporting S&G

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.