Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no difference when it comes to their right to vote.

But how does one distinguish between what issues should be put to a direct referendum vs. decided by the peoples' representatives? No one expects every voter to understand all the nuances let alone the implications of policies upon which the people vote. Isn't that precisely why we have representative democracies -- so that we have professionals elected by the people to represent our interests in debate over the policies and laws of the land?

I think presuming people are too stupid to vote is one of the most patronising sentiments I've ever heard. People are fully entitled to self determination no matter what their level of education.

For the record, Switzerland manage to do it with little or no problems.

You were SO CLOSE to reading something correctly, but then at the last minute made a hard right turn and threw yourself into the bushes.

What I said is that fair and democratic elections can never be wrong. Comparing this to elections where blackshirts were hunting people at the polling booths is nonsense.

And yes the Freedom and Justice Party winning in Egypt was the right decision. Again, people are entitled to live under the social organization structures of their choosing whether you like it or not. That's what makes democracy great and the biggest driver of world peace in the history of our species. What wasn't ok is people outside Egypt declaring "that name sounds scary" then supporting a military coup that overthrew the democratically elected leader and replaced them with a bloodthirsty tyrant who almost immediately started shooting protestors dead and arresting his political opponents for "terrorism".

Sisi lost every independent poll among Egyptians in terms of voting intentions, then somehow managed to win the election 2 weeks later with a 94% majority. Incredible. And I don't mean that as a compliment, I mean that that is too incredible to believe. Now Egypt is ruled by an autocrat and political dissent is punished by death.

So yes, democracy was vastly superior to the shitshow that is currently taking place over there.

I can assure you I've done no such thing, read the sentence again.

Presuming people are 'too stupid' to vote and saying people 'don't know enough' about what they're voting for aren't the same thing.

Trump and Spicer are trying to distance themselves from Paul Manafort saying he was only a minimal influence.

He was the campaign manager for longer than Bannon.

Presuming people are 'too stupid' to vote and saying people 'don't know enough' about what they're voting for aren't the same thing.

Too stupid on a certain issue. Whatever, it's semantics.

The point is that people have a right to vote whether informed or not.

So!! Devin Nunes, of the House Intelligence Committee, has said Trump's communications were "inadvertently" caught up in investigations.

Trump, now, feels 'vindicated'!

Talk about Nunes trying to save face for his boss!

Yep, don't forget Nunes was on Trumps transition team and sources at Washington Post in an article a month ago said Trumps team had asked him to downplay any links between them and Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.