Donald Trump

Fuck me that'll bring em all out, like a full moon!! :)
What do you think my role on here is now that I am not a mod?

MytMSF.gif

Last edited:
Everywhere was the same. It all stems from people distorting On the origin of species and the scientific boom of the late 19th century. It gave people a reason to shrug off christian ideas about men being equal, created heirarchies and introduced the idea that all organisms are in a fight against each other for finite resources, all of which was used to justify some of the most evil things imaginable, all done by people who were firmly convinced they were on the right side of history and doing good.

I think it's a topic we don't see taught or talked about enough - the general understanding of movements like Trump's would be much better understood if people knew more about the intellectual state that lead to Nazism emerging as well as the economic and poltical stuff we are taught about.
Eugenics was widely believed in Britain both before WW1 and between the wars. Prominent supporters included JM Keynes. The Webbs, HG Wells, William Beveridge etc etc.
There was a movement to introduce a sterilisation programme of the disabled and others.
Many on the right welcomed the Balfour Declaration as a way of expelling Jews.
Some members of The royal family are widely believed to have supported Hitler, not least the king who abdicated to become the Duke of Windsor and Elizabeth the wife of his successor Geo. VI.

Eugenics was widely believed in Britain both before WW1 and between the wars. Prominent supporters included JM Keynes. The Webbs, HG Wells, William Beveridge etc etc.
There was a movement to introduce a sterilisation programme of the disabled and others.
Many on the right welcomed the Balfour Declaration as a way of expelling Jews.
Some members of The royal family are widely believed to have supported Hitler, not least the king who abdicated to become the Duke of Windsor and Elizabeth the wife of his successor Geo. VI.
Sad to say, many on the left, as well. I was reading my great grandfather’s diary from 1918 a few weeks ago and he spoke about men he worked with in the mill at the time talking about how Jews leaving Manchester would be the best thing for them. Most of them were active Liberal party agitators. He tried to keep his heritage quiet for fear of drawing the wrong attention. He even mentioned they were mostly quite angry women were being given the vote, as well.

Antisemitism and sexism was (and is) often politically indifferent.

I think it's a topic we don't see taught or talked about enough - the general understanding of movements like Trump's would be much better understood if people knew more about the intellectual state that lead to Nazism emerging as well as the economic and poltical stuff we are taught about.

We are currently in the throes of a resurgence of the American Bund, under a different guise for the 21st century social media dufus.

It also wrapped itself in the flag of patriotism and America First nationalism, albeit using Washington instead of Trump as their figurehead.

As you rightly state, just a simple history lesson might help.

A snippet of an excellent PBS series “American Experience.”

Sound familiar?

Far too much of this sounds eerily familiar in the current discourse TODAY!

Last edited:
All I can say is that you should watch the documentary I referenced.

The "we believe in dinosaurs" caption - is a rebuke chiefly against science. It's a statement that, "yes, dinosaurs existed" - see the bones - but yes, too, "we believe that they existed" - in spite of what scientists claim about how long ago this was... and (this is they key thing)...

in spite of the fact that dinosaurs existed, it's clear to us, that the earth is only a few thousand years old. Thus, dinosaurs - and humans - existed contemporaneously.

"We believe in dinosaurs" is a rebuke mostly against science - it's a statement of belief in the contemporaneous existence of man and dinosaur. That this statement is at variance with previous statements from the same church that dinosaurs did not exist is no matter.

Jurassic Park is too popular and dinosaurs are too beloved - so let's incorporate dinosaurs into our belief system.
How did they fit them on the ark?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.