Donald Trump

If there’s one thing I’m learning about court, it’s that they have a lot of breaks. Even the days we’ve had so far have started at 9.30 and ended at 2-3pm. They get 10-15 mins every hour or two along with a longer lunch break.

I don’t mind that so much, it is intellectually demanding work. But it’s easy to see how courts get backlogged.
When I did jury service, it was about 10-3:30 each day with an hour for lunch, but we had to do all 5 days!

Giuliani, Meadows indicted in AZ; Trump unindicted co-conspirator!! + others…
An Arizona grand jury has indicted 18 allies of Donald Trump for their efforts to subvert the 2020 election — including former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, attorney Rudy Giuliani and former Trump campaign operative Mike Roman.

The indictment, which includes felony counts of conspiracy, fraud and forgery, also describes Trump as an unindicted co-conspirator.

“Defendants and unindicted coconspirators schemed to prevent the lawful transfer of the presidency to keep Unindicted Coconspirator 1 in office against the will of Arizona’s voters,” the 58-page indictment reads.

I am tired but I am sure I will have some hot takes about this tomorrow!

It’s kind of wild to me that even somebody with his platform and resources can’t do something as seemingly non-controversial and straight-forward as setting up a Twitter clone via legitimate means.

It's as if his team of village idiots gets around a table and thinks to themselves, "what's the most nefarious and legally questionable way we can approach this?"

I know that in my previous post I said it was "Ponzi in nature", I think a more accurate summation would be that it shares characteristics with an MLM company. The product exists and it acts a superficial veneer of legitimacy but there is no realistic operational way to generate a return. The only way they can keep afloat is to turn the whole thing into a cult and suck as much money out of the 'lower downs' within that cult as possible. Use the money of those sorry minnows to prop up the market value just long enough for the ones at the top to shovel their money elsewhere.

MLMs are also technically legal on their premise but tend to be hot beds of malpractice, lying, manipulation and often present similar cause for investigation.

What I'm trying to say here is Trump is like the ultimate Herbalife rep.
Trump is a con artist. He never goes the legit route. Everything he has even done in business has failed.

Trump trial, day 3. Pecker is decidedly not holding back.

In a nutshell.

The 'Catch and Kill' campaign was real
Pecker had election lawyers look at the agreement with McDougal
He was aware this expenditure was subject to FEC laws because of those lawyer's reviews
They built the contract to hide the fact these were overtly political contracts with fake "work"
He didn't report these concerns
Trump knew about the whole thing

The only fly in the ointment is that other than Pecker saying Trump knew, we've not (yet) seen hard evidence. All of Pecker's key interactions were through Cohen. I'm sure that may come later down the line.

Was wondering if this was worth sticking on in the background (CNN or something) later, but not sure we're going to get anything juicy, like trying on ill fitting gloves etc.

Was wondering if this was worth sticking on in the background (CNN or something) later, but not sure we're going to get anything juicy, like trying on ill fitting gloves etc.
There are no cameras in the room. The best you get is live tweets.

The best bits will be stormy d testimony.

I get my updates from the Twitter feeds of various members of the press pool that are sat in the room. It’s not exactly thrilling, half of the posts have been about how cold the room is or how hungry people are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.