Don't Fear the Reaper- Blue Oyster Cult

Saw this f**king great band on the Specters tour with that great treat of laser beams for the first time in the Free Trade Hall, Japan were the support act ( didn't go down well ). On stage when they all played guitar was amazing ( Alan Lanier R.I.P ) Saw them again about 2 years later at the Apollo on the mirrors tour and again great, but no lasers :-(
There is a great live show ( with the Lasers ) I think in France on Youtube.
PS The last days of May is the best Blue Oyster Cult song.

Saw this f**king great band on the Specters tour with that great treat of laser beams for the first time in the Free Trade Hall, Japan were the support act ( didn't go down well ). On stage when they all played guitar was amazing ( Alan Lanier R.I.P ) Saw them again about 2 years later at the Apollo on the mirrors tour and again great, but no lasers :-(
There is a great live show ( with the Lasers ) I think in France on Youtube.
PS The last days of May is the best Blue Oyster Cult song.

Until relatively recently, I'd seen them on every visit to the UK; including those two gigs. Also saw them headline the LA Arena with a giant Godzilla as part of the show.

All about opinions but Last Days... isn't anything like their best song.

One of my all time favourite songs by one of my favourite bands; although not typical of their work. Written and sung by their guitarist Donald Roeser, a underrated talent in both regards.

Same here OB1 .... love them. Reaper was a bit of a one off for them, as you say not typical of their music. A true classic nonetheless ... Still going strong today. Got to see Albert Bouchard's band The X Brothers playing on a couple of the Skynyrd cruises .... top bloke.

If I was ever to go for another tattoo, it would be their 'Chaos' cross/logo.

OB1 as Dirty Harry said "opinions are like arseholes,everyones got one" ;-)
So instead I offer up Nosferatu, ME262,Joan Crawford,Veteran of the physic wars,Hot rails to hell :-)

OB1 as Dirty Harry said "opinions are like arseholes,everyones got one" ;-)
So instead I offer up Nosferatu, ME262,Joan Crawford,Veteran of the physic wars,Hot rails to hell :-)

I'll give you:
ME262 & Hot rails.

I'll raise you:
Burnin' for you
Harvester of eyes (On Your Feet... version)
This ain't the summer of love
ETI
The Marshall Plan
Dr Music
Godzilla

I should say that Reaper is thier best song but Burnin' for you is my favourite.

Same here OB1 .... love them. Reaper was a bit of a one off for them, as you say not typical of their music. A true classic nonetheless ... Still going strong today. Got to see Albert Bouchard's band The X Brothers playing on a couple of the Skynyrd cruises .... top bloke.

If I was ever to go for another tattoo, it would be their 'Chaos' cross/logo.

Did you go to Palace away? I saw someone there with a prominent Skynyrd tattoo.

How about Before a Kiss, A Redcap? Or Astronomy? I was one of a generation of American babies produced with Blue Oyster Cult as the background music.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.