Dunkirk ( the film )

Watched it last night for the first time, wasn't too keen on the all the storylines being in random orders then all converging. Must have been horrific waiting for a boat whilst being bombed to fuck, brave them civvies who answered the call heroes.

I watched the film and looked for an existing thread about it, then noticed this comment.

I thought it was a bit "oh okay then "that millions voted for Winston as the greatest and yet even though he led the country against Adolf Hitler, to some he was simply a knobhead.

Hope that explains things for you Langley mate.

Great film by the way...9/10

History is littered with great knobheads. Helps the knobhead if they are also writing the history too! Amongst other things Churchill was a belligerent, chauvinistic pisshead; but at a critical juncture in history he was our belligerent, chauvinistic pisshead. A kind of Craig Bellamy figure if you will :-)

I quite liked the time slicing technique on Dunkirk and thought once you got used to it, it worked really well but I know lots of people who it really turned off. I'm with you though, a great watch.

100% agree, was so looking forward to it and I thought it was utter tosh.
I suppose it's one of those films you either love or hate. Personally, I loved the way it was made. I thought the cinematography was brilliant. And the spitfire running out of fuel at the end was oh so moving..

I wish to fuck I'd seen it at imax.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.