Dunne - Probably the worst defender in the league

Kris_Musampa said:
This topic is embarassing, How quick did we get so high and mighty to slag off one of better players over the last few years?

Sure he aint no John Terry of Cavallho, but he's dug us out of more holes in his time here than he has got us into. Four times player of the season is doing something right!

Some of the comments on this are so pathetic, I can only assume its a big wind up.

Correct over recent years we'd have been relegated without him. Ok dodgy season last season compared to his own high standards but hey lets show respect were respect is due!

I've had an ongoing argument with a United supporting mate of my mine for a while now.
I claim that Dunne is a better defender than Ferdinand and he claims Dunne is the worst defender in the Prem.
My logic is based on the fact that Dunne is a 'proper' defender - he will stick his head in, make last ditch tackles, etc and that for me makes him a better defender. Ferdinand ponces about and relies on Vidic to do the dirty work for him, but fair enough, he is decent enough on the ball and has a good reading of the game.
Dunne has admittedly fooked up several times this season, but anyone who watches the highlights of last season's derby at our place (the Geo 1-0) will see what a class defender he is, when he plays well.

you lot sound like the english media hounding the national team( you look for a hero to steal the teams glory when you re winning and a scape-goat to hang when losing), i think all defenders have been poor in games at times last season but i ve got faith in micah,nedum,wayne and i hope dunne shapes up to the standard of two years ago! we need fresh top class players which can set the new standard and be an example as professionals to the younger players....most of all we got to scare the oposition with our new winning mentality.... get behind our lads......... its sparky `s worry ....not ours! id be happy with a trophy good luck city!

Milk turns quicker, he's like the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz. First touch of a baby elephant and passing vision of a 90 year old with cataracts.

keith Curley Watts said:
say no more he is awful and he needs to leave

i cant remember the last time if ever i used language like this to somebody who is supposed to be a fellow city fan, but you sir are a prick. richard dunne has been a loyal stalward of this club and the mainstay of our defence since he joined from everton.

he has made mistakes earlier this year, but got back to form in the later stages of the season. most of these mistakes i think were being caught out of position while trying to cover for other defenders being out of position or being left for dead.

if you think richard dunne is our worst player you know fuck all about football and aught to get your head down, and finish your homework imo

ok he gives away the odd penalty, and is prob the all time leading own goal scorer,and isn't the most skillful player, but he plays for the shirt on his back always puts 100% and has always put his body on the line for the club!! If/when we do sign better defenders i still hope he stays and can be good cover and still do a job for us! and he deserves to share in any sucess we may have in the future??!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.