Dynamo Kiev (h) pre-match thread

I'm not suggesting Kiev will be a pushover but I'd really like to see Silva and Aguero rested. We need them on top of their game for Sunday and then they'll both be playing twice during the international week, cannot afford to have them break down and miss the run-in. Surely we would have enough without them to get through??

I'm not suggesting Kiev will be a pushover but I'd really like to see Silva and Aguero rested. We need them on top of their game for Sunday and then they'll both be playing twice during the international week, cannot afford to have them break down and miss the run-in. Surely we would have enough without them to get through??
I'd definitely leave Kun and David on the bench. Navas and Sterling wide with Yaya and the Ferns in the middle.

Would be good to see young Ian start but, well, you know what Pellers will do. #sigh

If you think he's going to rest players for this game, think again. The money involved in the Champions League is utterly ridiculous. For each win a club get's paid 1m Euros, for each draw it's half that and nothing for a loss.

If we win tomorrow we would have earned 1 million from the win and another 5/6 million Euros in prize money for making it into the quarter finals. winning tomorrow is worth millions to the club, they won't risk that.

Control the match, no end product needed. Simple. Easiest game of the year. Should be.
Having said that it will be completely different.

I thought this one was the relaxing game between two fired up PL games. But no.
The team did not yet learn to control a match and put a shift in when needed. Still shaking my head about last Sat.

Waiting for the draw on Friday.

They will come at us and try and press like Liverpool, etc. We need to soak it up, use the ball intelligently and pick them off.

Counter-attacking, quick football on the break is what's required.

Hart
Sagna Kompany Otamendi Clichy
Fernando Fernandinho Toure
Navas Sterling
Aguero

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.