Earthquake just outside Rome

Mother Nature at her worst.

I'm glad you this you make others aware of what's happening with the post I'd have expected more replies by now.

Whoever coined the term 'Mother Nature' must have had an incredibly callous **** of a mum. Death toll is 250+ now. A brief 'Thank God(lol) it wasn't me/my family' but it's left to the families who have now had their guts ripped out emotionally to, in some cases literally, pick up the pieces.

sorry mate you are wrong there, newer buildings are not so well set as older ones, just going on what i have seen

Nope, modern buildings are designed to withstand earthquakes. The vast amount of the damage is caused by old infrastructure unable to withstand a relatively small magnitude of this size.

'A 2008 survey by civil protection experts said only 14 percent of buildings in the most vulnerable swathe of the country met seismic-safety standards'

ok, I`ll put it another way, I would rather be in a 60 year old building than a 1 year old in the event
of a substantial earthquake, just going on what I have seen mate

'Experts' have mentioned quite frequently that should the centre of Rome be struck with anything considered a relatively powerful earthquake, a lot of it would crumble and the city we know would change completely

Still suffering aftershocks, entire towns decimated, 270+ dead and countless injured, yet the news over here concentrates on the 3 brits that died. Get the feeling of being spoonfed now and then??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.