Eczema

I used to get this quite badly as a kid, up to about the age of nine, when it pretty much went away. Following that, I would get the occasional outburst in isolated parts of my body, usually the wrists and back of my knees, but not for very long.

However, in the last four years (since I was 43) it's come back with a vengeance. My GP told me that its recurrence in middle age is quite common and they don't know the reasons behind it. I've been prescribed some steroid cream (clobetasone butyrate) but it's not working well enough to prevent me from thinking of asking to be referred to a dermatologist.

Have anyone else had this condition resurface in later life and do you have any helpful suggestions?
I use diprobase cream and dermovate ointment, I don't know if you've tried these already. If you haven't they're worth a try
02802a57118452d8359766b0b9b342fe.jpg
1f82c510287ff6a816b7944f0679b206.jpg

Thanks. It's happened pretty much since I moved to Birmingham, so I could be allergic to Brummies!
That's why I stay away from the place. It's a terrible allergy to have! On a reasonably serious note, do you have any other mild allergy symptoms (bit of asthma, red itchy eyes or often have blocked or runny nose)? Any of these would suggest a possible allergic reaction (although by no means certain) and finding what that was might well dissipate your symptoms.

I use diprobase cream and dermovate ointment, I don't know if you've tried these already. If you haven't they're worth a try
02802a57118452d8359766b0b9b342fe.jpg
1f82c510287ff6a816b7944f0679b206.jpg

Dermavate is pretty heavy duty stuff and should not be used for long periods. Even if it clears your eczema you can't just stop using it, or the eczema will come back with a vengeance. You have to use dermovate, then betnovate, then finally eumovate(which is what gdm has been given)
Your skin will be like paper after a couple of weeks of steroid cream use. It's fucking horrible stuff, but sadly one of the few things that work.

That's why I stay away from the place. It's a terrible allergy to have! On a reasonably serious note, do you have any other mild allergy symptoms (bit of asthma, red itchy eyes or often have blocked or runny nose)? Any of these would suggest a possible allergic reaction (although by no means certain) and finding what that was might well dissipate your symptoms.
None of the above.

I used to get this quite badly as a kid, up to about the age of nine, when it pretty much went away. Following that, I would get the occasional outburst in isolated parts of my body, usually the wrists and back of my knees, but not for very long.

However, in the last four years (since I was 43) it's come back with a vengeance. My GP told me that its recurrence in middle age is quite common and they don't know the reasons behind it. I've been prescribed some steroid cream (clobetasone butyrate) but it's not working well enough to prevent me from thinking of asking to be referred to a dermatologist.

Have anyone else had this condition resurface in later life and do you have any helpful suggestions?

isn't there an old lancashire saying along the lines of...
eee, it's as dry as an old man's skin.

fuck steroid cream!!!
it thins your skin, man.
forget chinese nonsense too.

trust me on this before you waste money on a dermotologist,
give eucerin a go.

i started getting zema about 15 years ago,
quite bad for a while,
until someone suggested eucerin.

if you buy eucerin products i promise you that your skin will improve.

you can get all of them in boots the chemist,
except one,
the most important one,
the creme.
thankfully you can buy it on the internet

www.amazon.co.uk/d/v4s/Eucerin-Original-Healing-Soothing-Repair-Creme-Fragrance/B000052YNA

it is a thick cream that you need to use daily for a few weeks.
it will heal your skin.

if the zema's on your face,
you'll have to get in touch with your feminine side,
you'll need to put it on your face every night for a while.

it makes the skin feel nice
slather it all over yourself after a shower or before bed
(& get slippery with your young lady).
after a while you'll need to use it less frequently,

a lot of products are irritants to our skin.
soap, shampoo and the like.
chuck out all your bathroom stuff and get eucerin ones, brother.
they aren't cheap but worth it.

the showergel is great
http://www.eucerin.co.uk/products/urea/washfluid-5percent-urea
you can use it on your bell-end.

Last edited:
isn't there an old lancashire saying along the lines of...
eee, it's as dry as an old man's skin.

fuck steroid cream!!!
it thins your skin, man.
forget chinese nonsense too.

trust me on this before you waste money on a dermotologist,
give eucerin a go.

i started getting zema about 15 years ago,
quite bad for a while,
until someone suggested eucerin.

if you buy eucerin products i promise you that your skin will improve.

you can get all of them in boots the chemist,
except one,
the most important one,
the creme.
thankfully you can buy it on the internet

it is a thick cream that you need to use daily for a few weeks.
it will heal your skin.

if the zema's on your face,
you'll have to get in touch with your feminine side,
you'll need to put it on your face every night for a while.

it makes the skin feel nice
slather it all over yourself after a shower or before bed
(& get slippery with your young lady).
after a while you'll need to use it less frequently,

a lot of products are irritants to our skin.
soap, shampoo and the like.
chuck out all your bathroom stuff and get eucerin ones, brother.
they aren't cheap but worth it.

the showergel is great
http://www.eucerin.co.uk/products/urea/washfluid-5percent-urea
you can use it on your bell-end.

Can you get it on prescription?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.