Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Havent seen a better distributer in a long long time. Our scouts deserve huge credit for spoting a talent like him
I have :)
002516818.jpg

Don't make me cry
If we had him last year there's just as much chance that he would have suffered like Bravo due to our poor fullbacks and newly acclimatised team adapting to peps methods. Granted, he's a huge upgrade on Bravo but confidence breeds confidence and we're a different animal this time around.

If we had him last year there's just as much chance that he would have suffered like Bravo due to our poor fullbacks and newly acclimatised team adapting to peps methods. Granted, he's a huge upgrade on Bravo but confidence breeds confidence and we're a different animal this time around.
Don't completely agree,he is fearless and a good keeper so he wouldn't have let one game destroy his confidence,it's the past anyhow so fowards with steady eddie

Don't completely agree,he is fearless and a good keeper so he wouldn't have let one game destroy his confidence,it's the past anyhow so fowards with steady eddie
I don't think one game destroyed Bravos confidence. I think the media and sections of our support saw to that.

He's got a calm assurance to his game like a young Petr Czec. He makes saves look easy with phenomenal footwork and distribution. He could be great for many years.

So commanding and impressive. Very interesting to see how he looks against Chelsea and other top PL opposition.

I don't think one game destroyed Bravos confidence. I think the media and sections of our support saw to that.

Yep and like you've mentioned above our defence hanging him out to dry.

Delighted with Ederson so far, glad we got him in early to adapt to his new surroundings and teammates, long may his good form continue.

So commanding and impressive. Very interesting to see how he looks against Chelsea and other top PL opposition.
I think he'll perform magnificently against Chelsea - he's always had a reputation of a great shot stopper who had total command of his box - curiously, every media article I read and indeed reports from eloquent Benfica fans - all claimed that Ederson wasn't very composed on the ball. So far this season, nothing could be further from the truth - he's extremely composed on the ball - I haven't seen him make a bad passing decision yet, even when under pressure. And his distribution has been fantastic - even better than Bravo's IMO - and Bravo is excellent at distribution.

The one drawback that Ederson has is that he's a bit too eager to come out of his box - charging even out of the penalty area at times when staying put may have been a better idea. But so far, that's happened only once (first game) - whereas his aggressiveness has paid dividends otherwise.

Ederson has performed far better than I thought he would so far. He might well be the best signing we've made in this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.