Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not Ederson's fault, the defenders overplayed and Dinho got caught due to a poor touch.
Just meant to say that you better get the ball when you go off your line like that or pray that someone has the presence of mind to bail you out, which Stones luckily had.
I blame Silva on that one. If you watch our defensive area passing sequences. The goal is to move it around quickly until you get it to a guy who has space to. Look then push it forward and link up with the front line.

In that sequence, Dave was the one who got that opportunity yet he turned it back to Delph who hot potatoed it to Dihno, who then lost his touch. The moment Dave turned the ball back, I was already thinking bad move, now Delph has to punt it. But Delph was determined to stick to Pep's instructions.

Ederson is better than De Gea, World Class sweeper keeper
Ederson loooks better at distribution and sweeping than De Gea , as a shot stopper I've got to see an awful lot more of him to judge where he is in relation to De Gea, not saying he's better or worse , just that the time period that we have seen him for is no time to judge that aspect of keeping unless he's a total disaster, which he clearly isn't.

Ederson loooks better at distribution and sweeping than De Gea , as a shot stopper I've got to see an awful lot more of him to judge where he is in relation to De Gea, not saying he's better or worse , just that the time period that we have seen him for is no time to judge that aspect of keeping unless he's a total disaster, which he clearly isn't.

I have absolutely no need to see if Ederson is a shot stopper. I like to see him doing absolutely nowt. If he asks for a transfer because he is fed up doing nowt it simply means we are doing well defensively. Btw I honestly don't get these constant comparisons between players or goalkeepers. Different style, different teams, apples and pears. Ederson seems perfect for our team and style of play. End off.

I have absolutely no need to see if Ederson is a shot stopper. I like to see him doing absolutely nowt. If he asks for a transfer because he is fed up doing nowt it simply means we are doing well defensively. Btw I honestly don't get these constant comparisons between players or goalkeepers. Different style, different teams, apples and pears. Ederson seems perfect for our team and style of play. End off.
Agree with pretty much all that, optimist though I am I suspect his shot stopping ability will be tested at times.

He's already the best City keeper I've seen & that's by a country mile.

Really?

He might prove to be our best keeper since Bert but he has not been tested as a shot stopper yet in our goals.

I didn't see him play for Benfica. I've seen some clips on YouTube, which are encouraging but far from comprehensive.

I have no reason to doubt his shot stopping ability but I need to see more evidence before concluding on his quality on this key aspect of the keeper's art but if it is as good as the rest of his game, we'll have a keeper.

It's not Ederson's fault, the defenders overplayed and Dinho got caught due to a poor touch.
Just meant to say that you better get the ball when you go off your line like that or pray that someone has the presence of mind to bail you out, which Stones luckily had.

He was right to come off his line like that, end of.

Really?

He might prove to be our best keeper since Bert but he has not been tested as a shot stopper yet in our goals.

I didn't see him play for Benfica. I've seen some clips on YouTube, which are encouraging but far from comprehensive.

I have no reason to doubt his shot stopping ability but I need to see more evidence before concluding on his quality on this key aspect of the keeper's art but if it is as good as the rest of his game, we'll have a keeper.
Funnily enough, he had a bit of a reputation as a keeper with fast reactions in terms of saving. I'm convinced the world only goes at half speed in his eyes given how composed he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.