Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
noise said:
BringBackSwales said:
Pezzer2 said:
Played OK tonight no doubt but what irks me is some of them including Dzeko only seem to fancy it, in high profile games. His body language was spot on tonight geeing people up but him and others go missing against the lower placed clubs in the Premiership.

he generally plays better away from home - to be fair to the away fans they don't give him the stick that he gets at home matches, fact, and generally players do better when they are not being slagged, booed, criticised etc
Slagging of a confidence striker is a lose lose proposition.

Tbh slagging of any player at the match itself is shit

BringBackSwales said:
noise said:
BringBackSwales said:
he generally plays better away from home - to be fair to the away fans they don't give him the stick that he gets at home matches, fact, and generally players do better when they are not being slagged, booed, criticised etc

He does need to be more consistent though

Can be brilliant, and then in lesser games, he can disappear

The best players, like Suarez for example are always up for it.

BringBackSwales said:
noise said:
BringBackSwales said:

Gotta say, Iv never heard Dzeko booed at any game ever.

Brilliant when he came on, and bar a fine save from Valdes and a disgraceful refereeing decision he could easily have turned the game on it's head by himself.

His good run of form earlier in the season began after Bayern away, hopefully this performance does the same.

Madric said:
jared said:
I like him to stay. It isn't easy being a third choice and still score the amount of goals he has when called upon. He brings different options to the team and with jovetic coming back I have a feeling they will work well with each other.

Different options? I don't think so.

I think he's a good striker inside the box, but adds nothing to our game overall.

I also think he and Javi Garcia earn too much money for the quality they show on a regular basis.

Interesting that you consider City your team but when you were over in BigSoccer you "supported" Real Madrid...

Oh and by the way, you misspelled your name and saying a striker is good inside the box but going on to say he provides nothing overall is an oxymoron. Either he does something or he does nothing at all.

Marvin said:
BringBackSwales said:
noise said:

He does need to be more consistent though

Can be brilliant, and then in lesser games, he can disappear

The best players, like Suarez for example are always up for it.

Yes I agree Marvin. I am one of the few who seems to rate Edin, but your point is a fair one<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:11 am --<br /><br />
mancity5 said:
BringBackSwales said:
noise said:

Gotta say, Iv never heard Dzeko booed at any game ever.

One of the home games earlier this season, EL2, was corroborated by another poster on here, just 2 or 3 doing it. Unfortunately senility prevents me from remembering who it was against

pudge said:
Brilliant when he came on, and bar a fine save from Valdes and a disgraceful refereeing decision he could easily have turned the game on it's head by himself.

His good run of form earlier in the season began after Bayern away, hopefully this performance does the same.

Somebody has broken into pudges account here.

we are going to need edin & negrado to step up now kun is out again both have had a poor patch and i am sure they will get back to top form just in time for the run in.

dzeko has to be the most frustrating and inconsistent player in our squad , he was superb against Barca , total contrast to his wigan performance , if he could put 100% effot into every game , he would truly be world class , but his atttude stinks , he wants to play the big games , but wont put a shift in against lesser teams , to earn his place for the big games.

gmckennasell said:
dzeko has to be the most frustrating and inconsistent player in our squad , he was superb against Barca , total contrast to his wigan performance , if he could put 100% effot into every game , he would truly be world class , but his atttude stinks , he wants to play the big games , but wont put a shift in against lesser teams , to earn his place for the big games.

This - great post. And it maybe no coincidence that reports surfaced that he will be allowed to leave, perhaps we can use the fact he may want to impress several suitors? Frustrating to a fault - could be the best goalscorer in the Prem if he put his mind to it but too often feels the world is against him. I have no idea why as anyone playing for City is a very lucky man indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.