EDS v Brentford (Friendly)

The problem with City youth team is that no team presses them. They have it easy in most areas of the pitch on the ball. It’s so unrealistic. No player should be doing more than 1 season the 21’s at this club.

After controlling most of the game it is now 2-2 after a bit of a lazy 5 mins by the young blues. Nice strike for their second. Is Coombs, who scored their first, a full shilling?

Agree with a lot of your views re youth @FantasyIreland

Staying one season too long at EDS does none of them any good. That initial hunger wanes, complacency sets in, then accepting the status quo becomes the norm for them.

As I know what they’re capable of, I’d rather the young blues are tested in a more competitive environment even if it meant not winning the league.

Nothing else really to prove. City are the best run club at youth level.

The nature of the first team (everyone fighting for a place) makes it difficult for the lot of them to be enthused about fighting for it.

Not only do they have to be supremely talented but also need a mental fortitude to believe they can do it.

Agree with a lot of your views re youth @FantasyIreland

Staying one season too long at EDS does none of them any good. That initial hunger wanes, complacency sets in, then accepting the status quo becomes the norm for them.

As I know what they’re capable of, I’d rather the young blues are tested in a more competitive environment even if it meant not winning the league.

Nothing else really to prove. City are the best run club at youth level.

The nature of the first team (everyone fighting for a place) makes it difficult for the lot of them to be enthused about fighting for it.

Not only do they have to be supremely talented but also need a mental fortitude to believe they can do it.
And the money they’re on, plus social media followers. It’s all nonsense. Ben Knight is probably a millionaire now, but he’s never going to make it at league 2 level never mind City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.