Edward Snowden Revelations: Implications

I watched Citizenfour last night. Bit boring really, it could easily just have been 30 minutes long. And they could've at least added some dramatic music and leaping down staircases to liven it up.

It's amazing really what they are doing. On the one hand i'm not doing anything wrong so I don't care anyway, but on the other just knowing they have the ability to spy on anything I do gets me seriously pissed.

Really? Do you have military experience?

I would think defence systems would be pretty pathetic for any country if they can't reach the height of commercial aircraft, where I would be surprised if any modern military aircraft can't fly as high.

what a stupid question..... I hardly have military experience and then go writing about it openly on a online forum. It is about a matter of opinions where i d say it was the russians.

what a stupid question..... I hardly have military experience and then go writing about it openly on a online forum. It is about a matter of opinions where i d say it was the russians.
I didn't mean to sound like I was asking that in a negative way, I was just interested as I'd be surprised if it was the case. Lots of people with military experience share info/opinions online about military equipment. 'Course I'm not aware of what they can and can't say, but I'm not asking for specifications.

I didn't mean to sound like I was asking that in a negative way, I was just interested as I'd be surprised if it was the case. Lots of people with military experience share info/opinions online about military equipment. 'Course I'm not aware of what they can and can't say, but I'm not asking for specifications.
Well if you go from a starting point of they cant say, and shouldnt say, then you wont go far wrong. I have a lot of knowledge and experience of surveillance and covert gathering of information, and handling very sensitive information, but would never say anything about it. Unfortunately, not everyone is like that. Not least Snowden. And shame on him for it in my view. Edit. For it he should feel the full force of the law, as should anyone who breaches trust and confidentiality entrusted to them. There are avenues and procedures to follow.

I watched Citizenfour last night. Bit boring really, it could easily just have been 30 minutes long. And they could've at least added some dramatic music and leaping down staircases to liven it up.

It's amazing really what they are doing. On the one hand i'm not doing anything wrong so I don't care anyway, but on the other just knowing they have the ability to spy on anything I do gets me seriously pissed.
As you can probably tell I didn't feel that way about it ha.

I would think for the vast majority of people that aren't doing anything wrong, it's little if any direct concern to their personal self (though there are indirect considerations, e.g. impact on your nation's economy/security). I think it's more concern to the potential you, unless you are certain the issues wouldn't affect you in your later life. Say for example, if you might begin to grow a business on the basis of patenting something that would wipe out all the competition (who may be state invested American businesses). Or, if you are a human rights demonstrator for example, such as Black Lives Matter. One of the biggest things that pissed me off was that surveillance of the UK public (and other countries) is received by the USA - it weakens their argument that it's for homeland security as we don't receive an ingest of US public data and UK intelligence could simply pass on any threats to the US discovered here (a double standard in trust of that "special relationship").

Well if you go from a starting point of they cant say, and shouldnt say, then you wont go far wrong. I have a lot of knowledge and experience of surveillance and covert gathering of information, and handling very sensitive information, but would never say anything about it. Unfortunately, not everyone is like that. Not least Snowden. And shame on him for it in my view. Edit. For it he should feel the full force of the law, as should anyone who breaches trust and confidentiality entrusted to them. There are avenues and procedures to follow.
Ah, so you would describe yourself as a non-impartial source then? ;)

Thanks for letting us know know you have some more informed knowledge pertaining to some matters within this thread. Are you likewise experienced in gathering this illegally as well then?

I've seen plenty of documentaries also of ex-military discussing weaponry capabilities, though couldn't say whether it'd be decommissioned by time of interview. I've also heard Putin describe US nuclear capabilities to the press in terms of methodology and range to support what he was saying - though, that is not his own nation's capabilities. I presume knowing range is not too different in knowing range of height, or can at least work it out. This is why I presumed it was non-sensitive info. regarding that particular weapon, particularly since I wasn't asking a Russian poster.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.