Elano

Thaksinssoldier said:
Would have him back in a heartbeat.

Imagine him in this team and with a manager who would know how to utilise him.

This. Hughes was clueless in how to manage him

Totally disagree with this "half a season" myth

tbh i don't think anyone here would rather have Kolarov over Elano as our top free kick taker... but on his day he was a touch of class in an otherwise poor team, don't forget how good him, Robinho and even Jo looked at the start of that season, was alot of language barriers for them and obviously him and Hughes never saw eye to eye.

Can't rate him as a bad player as to be a first name on the brazil teamsheet, he just came at the wrong time.

Berkovic_blue said:
Thaksinssoldier said:

Its not a myth is a proven fact over 2 seasons

Forget the fact that the Keeper should have done better and just pay a bit of respect to the class strike from Elano. That is wonderful technique and you need ability to be able to kick a ball like that from so far out. Not to mention confidence and guts.

Well done, Elano, a wonderful strike, my friend.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Thaksinssoldier said:

Its not a myth is a proven fact over 2 seasons

lol no it isn't. People act like he stopped playing halfway through his first season, that's just their opinion not a fact you numpty and in my opinion it's completely wrong. He had some great games later in his time with us, 3 examples for you: Everton(A), Hamburg(H), Portsmouth(H)

MCFC BOB said:
A great four months but after that he just wasn't arsed.

I'll pick out your comment because it seems representative of the rest of the opposition thus far...

Again, the manager makes or breaks and Elano was broken. Maybe it would happen with Mancini as well, but I have a feeling he would get the best out of Elano now and I imagine Elano would be perfectly fine with an impact player role. Elano could still play very well in Yaya's role if he was trained to track back as often (which really is not frequent), which I think Mancini could do.

Mancini would have used him the same way he uses nasri with silva.

Would have been awesome.

Those disputing his talent or work rate forget two things:

1.under Sven he played with shite.

2.hughes played him as a winger in a shite system.

whilst that was an incredible free kick and he displayed moments of brilliance, I have to admit I thought it time for him to leave when he did. Maybe it was all about the manager, but at the time........he needed to be elsewhere

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.