Electric cars

What sort of charger can you install at home or business?

you can install upto a 22kw charger at home which will get you around 60miles per hour charge, 11kw, 30 miles per hour. Or lower with the trade off of much slower charging.

i think with the plug in Grant you can pay anywhere from 300 to 900 quid for a home install.

Wow !I have literally driven hundreds of 330e and I have never seen 30 or more miles on pure electric ! Got close to 29 once but average is around 21 miles, you must have a decent battery in that one,does it charge up quick in battery save ? The ones that charge quickly while on the move tend to have better electric milage .

Which 330e’s have you driven? They had a major facelift in late 2019 so any 330e after August 19 should be getting close to 30 miles if driven correctly.

Its massively reliant on how you drive too, I’ve had to start driving like a grandad to get 30 miles but needs must to make it cost effective.

Similarly, the 530e just had a facelift this summer. Don’t think either of them pre facelift can get that kind of range.

Surely a hybrid is the way to go until they sort out the range and charging infrastructure.

What does in cost in leccy if you plug it in at home..?

Depends on your tariff obviously but it’s a 12kwh battery. If you’re charging from empty every day then multiply that by your tariff rate and it’ll give you a fair indication of cost.

you can schedule the charging though so if you had a tariff like octopus go, where it’s dirt cheap overnight, you can set it to charge during that time and not before.

Which 330e’s have you driven? They had a major facelift in late 2019 so any 330e after August 19 should be getting close to 30 miles if driven correctly.

Its massively reliant on how you drive too, I’ve had to start driving like a grandad to get 30 miles but needs must to make it cost effective.

Similarly, the 530e just had a facelift this summer. Don’t think either of them pre facelift can get that kind of range.
Have driven every version of the 330e since its introduction part of my job ! like you say you have to drive like a grandad to get anything out of them electric wise, the adaptive charging versions eek out better mileage because they can take a sneaky charge if the road ahead is good, because the sat nav feeds info to the system. the latest versions have just had a manufacturers recall over charging problems as well. At the end of the day most of the hybrid vehicles get driven around in petrol mode anyway because most of the owners really don"t understand them and only bought it for the tax break!

Depends on your tariff obviously but it’s a 12kwh battery. If you’re charging from empty every day then multiply that by your tariff rate and it’ll give you a fair indication of cost.

you can schedule the charging though so if you had a tariff like octopus go, where it’s dirt cheap overnight, you can set it to charge during that time and not before.
Cheers. Assuming it's about 12.5p per kWh, then about £1.50

How many miles for that again?

Cheers. Assuming it's about 12.5p per kWh, then about £1.50

How many miles for that again?
About 30 if you drive economically.

think octopus go is 4.9p overnight. Octopus agile tracks wholesale prices so you can actually be paid to charge as it’s negative cost throughout the night. Daytime tariffs high though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.