Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on the Matchday thread last night said they hoped he got a long term injury. Some shocking stuff in here at the moment. Mard arses everywhere.

I read this as well. Absolutely disgusting from a supposed fan.

The guy had a shocker, but in general, it’s been much better from him this season. I think we all know he’s not got what it takes to make it beyond this season, but he’s a blue FFS, get behind him (and hope for the best). No problem with justified criticism but some of the comments like the one alluded to above are a disgrace really.

I read this as well. Absolutely disgusting from a supposed fan.

The guy had a shocker, but in general, it’s been much better from him this season. I think we all know he’s not got what it takes to make it beyond this season, but he’s a blue FFS, get behind him (and hope for the best). No problem with justified criticism but some of the comments like the one alluded to above are a disgrace really.

Sorry but for me it hasn't been much better this season. It's been the same dross from a dross player who's barely featured so there's not as much scope to judge him on.

To be fair pep knows he isn’t up to it
He wants another centre back
He tried to get rid in August
WhT baffles me is how much he cost and who scouted him
I really don’t see any strengths
Poor on ball
Rushes into tackes
Can’t pass
He is a liability and I don’t think he is premier league level let alone city standard
Would take Evans everyday

Someone on the Matchday thread last night said they hoped he got a long term injury. Some shocking stuff in here at the moment. Mard arses everywhere.

That is shocking,in fact the match thread is equally as shocking when I have watched it on the odd occasion,waste of time,I mean are they watching the game or too busy typing shite,I don't get it me

But back to Mangala,he is very bad,and should be gone by end of this month had chances to impress and hasn't,don't care if he is good in the air,football is mainly on the deck,and that is where he is so uncomfortable to watch

Had a mare last night

IMO , Mangala (who stepped up to play although still wearing a mask to protect his injury) made mistakes but so did every other player (some made more mistakes than Mangala!!).

Defensively we were poor but that was across the whole team not just the back four and keeper.

When the forwards and midfielders are on their game defensively, our back four and keeper have less to do and look better. This wasn't the case last night and it was a problem in the Wolves game also.

In his programme notes Pep highlighted that against Burnley " John Stones made a mistake...but that is not the problem. The key factor is how he responded. He didn't let his head go down. That is the way this club will continue to make steps forward over the next years."

IMO I think Pep would prefer us as fans to get behind the players after their mistakes and not castigate them. Some of the comments about Mangala are ridiculous and are quite clearly from people who weren't even at the game.Watching it on TV just doesn't give you the whole picture .

We win as a team, we draw as a team, we lose as a team. It's the Pep philosophy. If you don't buy into it go watch ManUre instead.
CTID

I think it’s important to note that Eli seems a model professional. He seems a nice guy who is never in any trouble on or off the pitch. I have no inside knowledge but can imagine that he trains hard and is in great shape.

He is, however, simply nowhere near good enough which we all know. It isn’t his fault that we bought him and paid so much. My ire is reserved for the club who went through a period of simply terrible signings - Roswell, Sinclair et al.

Manga's not good for my heart rate and I've slagged him off on here many a time but no City player, unless they don't give 100%, should be getting booed or abused at the match or on their social media website.
Absolutely. I don't think he's suited for our system at all, but he could do a fine job elsewhere in the right circumstances. No one deserves abuse on social media like that, especially for congratulating the team on a hard fought win.

Feel sorry for the Mangler who's obviously not suited to Pep's style of play but is a decent conventional centre back.
He's done quite well in Vinny and Stones' absence but I don't think our opponents have taken advantage his weakness on the ball. Well Bristol did and it's now there for everyone to see and seek to exploit which they will now do.
Is Evans comfortable enough on the ball for Pep? Haven't got a scooby, but if we're going to buy him I hope we've done our homework.
As regards criticism it's valid for fans to hand it out on this forum but it should be constructive and not personal or wishing him a long term injury which was disgraceful. At the game we should support the team and all the players without question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.