Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying he doesn't do it, just that I think it happens to others as well but it gets noticed more because people are (rightly) nervous when he's on the pitch.

I think a lot of that would go, if he actually produced some solid defensive performances, & getting skinned alive by some Wolves striker we have never heard of, does nothing to help that.

You mean getting fouled by some Wolves striker?

You mean getting fouled by some Wolves striker?

No I mean shit defending where he dithered rather than getting a foot to the ball & allowed the striker to bust him. And it's a fault he has repeatedly produced going back to his first season here where from a very decent debut he quickly became a liability.

If he doesn't improve his defending he won't last much longer.

Best option we have for the derby fast enough to stick with Rashford strong enough to go head to head with Zlatan if Vinny plays reckon we could have a Rashford MDM repeat.

Last edited:
No I mean shit defending where he dithered rather than getting a foot to the ball & allowed the striker to bust him. And it's a fault he has repeatedly produced going back to his first season here where from a very decent debut he quickly became a liability.

If he doesn't improve his defending he won't last much longer.

The first one the Wolves striker almost jumped up on his shoulders, that's how he busted him.

The second one was a clear push.

I do agree though that he needs to improve in general.

The first one the Wolves striker almost jumped up on his shoulders, that's how he busted him.

The second one was a clear push.

I do agree though that he needs to improve in general.

Shit happens if you allow it.

Notice that this season (so far) Otamendi has been dealing with problems himself most of the time rather than hoping the ref gives him a free kick.

Think the best comment on Mangala was posted back last week when the poster asked what world class defender at the age of 26 would come to sit on the bench, you can see why an aging JFE would like a pension boost and I for one likes Mangala, Walker passed a cracker straight out on Sunday and not a mention and rightly so, I will enjoy tonight whoever plays for us

Unfair to judge him unless he's given a run. Being dropped in every once in a while isn't ideal for any of the fringe lads tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.