England u19's

Perhaps a day will come when the 'higher powers' have to allow the manager some breathing space to make the transition into a squad with a decent number of kids in it rather than the 'two top players for each position' plan.

Very difficult to be under pressure to win the title/challenge in Europe & bring through a bunch of kids at the same time. Usually only happens by accident.

Perhaps soon we need to make the decision we are having a change of emphasis. Be loads of impatience & whinging on here if we do that though

The right time to do it will depend on who we have ready to step in I guess. Maybe the move is to have a core senior squad of 18/19, then use the kids to cover injuries/suspensions.

There would be moaning, but when it happens I think it will be a positive thing. Even if it costs us the odd result in the short term.

moomba said:
The right time to do it will depend on who we have ready to step in I guess. Maybe the move is to have a core senior squad of 18/19, then use the kids to cover injuries/suspensions.

There would be moaning, but when it happens I think it will be a positive thing. Even if it costs us the odd result in the short term.

I agree.

The fa needs to make a change to the number of subs allowed. It should be 9 with 2 places allocated to players from a clubs academy who have been with the club for at least 6 months or something. That way if a team is cruising they can always have the option of giving a youngster expierience. We need B teams, but unfortunatly its not gonna happen.

everythingchangesbutblue said:
The fa needs to make a change to the number of subs allowed. It should be 9 with 2 places allocated to players from a clubs academy who have been with the club for at least 6 months or something. That way if a team is cruising they can always have the option of giving a youngster expierience. We need B teams, but unfortunatly its not gonna happen.

I've suggested this very idea to friends whilst discussing it. Suggestions for ways to persuade teams to play more homegrown players are always about reductions & punishments to try & force teams to use them, but what it should be about is incentives & advantages.

If you had more subs available but the extra ones could only be academy players, that will see more of them used. You could actually allow an extra substitution provided the kid is on for at least, say, 25 mins.

Start with one extra place on the subs' bench for a 'homegrown'. If that option is used often enough & the player gets a certain amout of game time over a number of games, you get one more place on the subs bench for another homegrown etc. Allow a max of 3 or 4 on there.

Teams that don't give them enough game time, end up with less subs & one less substitution, than teams who do.

Everyone would end up giving more game time to kids.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.