England u20's - World Cup Winners.

It was a fantastic effort by them to win this, but imo although the result was great, it highlighted the problems with English players, as much as the qualities.

Mostly big lads, good athletes, who can control the ball, beat a man, shoot, cross, head the ball, work hard but as soon as they come under decent pressure, the attacking part of the game involves lads running in a straight line, looking at their own feet, until someone takes the ball off them or falls over.

City's kids don't play like that but they are all gone.

Rashford did exactly the same v Scotland.

Grats to England - the most talented side has won the U20 WC and the 2nd most talented side has come in 2nd.

Hopefully this bodes well for the England national side in Russia/Qatar. England has experienced an unfortunate drought of talent in the past 2 World Cups - hopefully this is about to change.

I'm from the States - and I foresee the US talent improving as well - Josh Sargent in particular will likely be huge for use in years to come. Still, USA lags way behind top squads in World football - England is meanwhile closing the gap.

I don't know about that. I think the Venezuelans were more talented individually than the English. I think this game just showed that the England U20s were better tactically.

As for the senior England side I think they have the ingredients but they need a few more tweaks to be a genuine super power.

I don't know about that. I think the Venezuelans were more talented individually than the English. I think this game just showed that the England U20s were better tactically.
Yes - it's subjective - but I thought that England was far better going forward and that Venezuela was better on defense.
======
Top squads if playing all their best - England for sure, who didn't field their best squad at all.

As for the senior England side I think they have the ingredients but they need a few more tweaks to be a genuine super power.

It's a waiting game with England now.

I think we have some good young players in the senior team, of which some are potential world class players like Kane, Alli and Stones, but all of them still need time to develop and become established senior players.

After that we are looking at seeing what happens with the likes of this U20 side, the U17 side that featured Sancho and Foden etc... basically the young generations who look to have been better coached and technically trained that the players who are the currently the senior players in the men's England team.

The future is looking brighter but we still have a long way to go in rivaling the likes of Germany, France, Spain and Portugal.

I must admit though, seeing this England side, as well as Sancho's and Foden's England side. Tactically and mentally we look like we may be just getting that little bit better at those aspects of the game. Both of which some may argue are more important than technical ability. Psychology is huge in tournaments.

We saw against Iceland how fragile England players can be.

Yes - it's subjective - but I thought that England was far better going forward and that Venezuela was better on defense.
======
Top squads if playing all their best - England for sure, who didn't field their best squad at all.

It makes the achievement even more better for me.

The likes of Roberts, Rashford, Abraham not going. That is a decent front three as it is.

The future is looking brighter but we still have a long way to go in rivaling the likes of Germany, France, Spain and Portugal.

I think you should throw in the South American powers (Brazil, Argentina) which are arguably better than those listed.

But Another thing I think that is interesting is that Venezuela looks like they could build off of making this final and be a legitimate team to watch out for on the international stage. They problem is CONMEBOL is so competitive they struggle to make international competitions. I would say their senior team is as good if not better than many 2nd tier UEFA sides like Sweden, Denmark, Bosnia etc.

top level football in england is about winning but at youth level a lot is made about development and not winning and coming 2nd is also seen away forward. but i liked what this under 20s squad and manager are doing and wanted to win more than anything and give it 100% and more and put the body on the line in going that bit more. the germans and the spanish all breed winners at youth level and you take that on to the next level and learn to win and don't take 2nd place as development even at that early age you have to go that bit more and if you settle for 2nd best at youth level you will take it to the senior level

for me england have for years and years looked at development first and not breed winners and not put the pressure on them at a early age with wanting winners. youth football in england is just about the honour of playing for england no pressure just go and play football and its alright to lose we will bank it and file it under development

but how good was it to see a youth team from england wanting more than the other team giving it there all and putting it all in for the winning prize not settle for 2nd best well done to all at the under 20s from manager to players and showing what football is all about WINNERS

I think you should throw in the South American powers (Brazil, Argentina) which are arguably better than those listed.

But Another thing I think that is interesting is that Venezuela looks like they could build off of making this final and be a legitimate team to watch out for on the international stage. They problem is CONMEBOL is so competitive they struggle to make international competitions. I would say their senior team is as good if not better than many 2nd tier UEFA sides like Sweden, Denmark, Bosnia etc.

I was just focusing on Europe, but I agree mate.

top level football in england is about winning but at youth level a lot is made about development and not winning and coming 2nd is also seen away forward. but i liked what this under 20s squad and manager are doing and wanted to win more than anything and give it 100% and more and put the body on the line in going that bit more. the germans and the spanish all breed winners at youth level and you take that on to the next level and learn to win and don't take 2nd place as development even at that early age you have to go that bit more and if you settle for 2nd best at youth level you will take it to the senior level

for me england have for years and years looked at development first and not breed winners and not put the pressure on them at a early age with wanting winners. youth football in england is just about the honour of playing for england no pressure just go and play football and its alright to lose we will bank it and file it under development

but how good was it to see a youth team from england wanting more than the other team giving it there all and putting it all in for the winning prize not settle for 2nd best well done to all at the under 20s from manager to players and showing what football is all about WINNERS
Is this a joke?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.