England v Brazil | Friendly | Match Thread

I don’t expect us to win anything, I WANT us to win something. That’s the difference. Regardless of who’s manager - because whoever is next will get the EXACT same treatment as Southgate, tactical geniuses on social media and forums telling whoever it is what formation he should have played, what tactics, which players etc - same old cliches ‘just a fa yes man’ ‘clearly well out of his depth’

A manger might get a respite if he wins an actual trophy but even then I don’t think it will be enough for some. social media outrage nowadays and everyone over analysing has completely taken the fun out of supporting ya nation. Aswell as most preferring us to lose anyway. Oh well.
Whatever you say, whatever his detractors say, Southgate is tactically pretty fucking shit. I see he’s already getting his excuses in for Tuesday, telling us they’ll be much fresher than us. That’s very motivational

That’s a international football issue - not a Southgate issue.

You think the next manager that comes along will make everything all exciting? Especially in a friendly during the PL season when everyone’s annoyed the PL is taking a break.

International football is often slower, more boring, players trying to adjust to players there not used to playing with and the dynamic just isn’t there like club football.

England fans don’t watch other international teams so seem to judge purely based on the excitement levels of the PL.
No, I agree. I doubt that the next manager will be any better than Southgate. I'm blessed with City; that's my main point. I judge on the excitement levels of City.

That’s a international football issue - not a Southgate issue.

You think the next manager that comes along will make everything all exciting? Especially in a friendly during the PL season when everyone’s annoyed the PL is taking a break.

International football is often slower, more boring, players trying to adjust to players there not used to playing with and the dynamic just isn’t there like club football.

England fans don’t watch other international teams so seem to judge purely based on the excitement levels of the PL.
These international breaks are ridiculous. Particularly the ones that are there to accommodate friendly games. The fans don't even want the ones that are there to accommodate qualifiers, let alone this nonsense. FIFA/UEFA really need to take a look at this issue.

On way home from the game now, personally going to England is so nostalgic it reminds me of the good old bad old days of yonder watching City as you have a top top day and then the game starts ha ha.
Still love it can't stand pizza man but we'll still be here when he's fucked off to the swamp.

It’s funny because if that’s the case why does Southgate get so much shit ? If he’s pool of players are average/bad then how is he taking them to semi finals/finals and has one of the highest % wins of all time for England.

I’d say we have a very good pool of players and a few world class ones, we should be amongst the favourites to win tournaments but there’s no guarantees ever - especially one major tournament only every 2-4 years.

As for the ‘entertainment’ angle, international football just will never beat PL level - so people should just lower their expectations on that front. Plus it’s also subjective.

I get the fact that you like to follow England and want success.

But I like to watch good football something Southgate cant do. Take the dippers v rags the other week, 7 goals. People talk of it as one of the best fa cup games ever, why ? The quality of football was shit, utd play like England fucking awful football but get lucky. Dippers should have been 4 up by half time. Does this make tent peg a good manager now the rags are in the fa cup semi.

I would say Southgate has to be England most luckiest manager of all time. The fact the first time he comes up against a top team he shits the bed. This is some how ignored by the press/media because it was the semi finals or final.

I dont watch England gave up after 30 minutes last night. I dont enjoy the level of international football, southgate bores me to death, and the City players have to drop their skills level and their natural game.

Another reason I really not follow England is the rags. Mainoo plays a few games for the rags and gets picked for England. Because of this England can fuck off. Its pathetic the amount of rags players that 'burst' on to the scene, play for England than are never scene again. Maguire and Rashford are only picked because they play for the rags. What other possible reasons could there be. Both players are championship level, Rashford is just football version of Frost Gump with a shot which normally goes into the crowd.

As my old man always said you just need to play for the rags to play for England. Nothing has changed.

Plus I find it impossible to support players who last week for their club were playing acting, cheating or in taa case bad mouthing our success. He can fuck right of the little scouse knobhead

Rant over

These international breaks are ridiculous. Particularly the ones that are there to accommodate friendly games. The fans don't even want the ones that are there to accommodate qualifiers, let the this nonsense. FIFA/UEFA really need to take a look at this issue.
Sounds like they gave a lot of tickets away to schools. I know a few people that had them. The crowd even sounded like a schoolboy international.

These international breaks are ridiculous. Particularly the ones that are there to accommodate friendly games. The fans don't even want the ones that are there to accommodate qualifiers, let the this nonsense. FIFA/UEFA really need to take a look at this issue.

Indeed , even if we won last night night - it all gets forgotten as it’s just a friendly during PL season which fans don’t want.
This thread would of been 20/30 pages shorter also.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.