Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, you're more than likely right. Real shame though, looks to be a huge talent in the right age bracket. Saw a report today about waiting a year to sign Kane, at which point he'd be 29 at the start of the season. No doubt he'd get goals but a strange one as out transfer policy over the last few years has excluded players of that age group (at least for big money).
Maybe this our way of backing out and saving face having seen him at the Euros… just saying

I'm not sure we would ever go for him unless he changes his agent. Pep and Raiola can't stand each other.

I'm not sure we would ever go for him unless he changes his agent. Pep and Raiola can't stand each other.

I think more than the agent himself, it will be the demands that have put us off (if we've been put off). I'm sure we'd be happy to pay him what he wants once he's proved himself as we've done with our other big earners, but coming in and wanting to be our highest earner at his age I feel would rub us the wrong way. Imagine we'd want him to have a season proving he's worth they hype before committing to the sort of deal he wants, or could get elsewhere.

I think more than the agent himself, it will be the demands that have put us off (if we've been put off). I'm sure we'd be happy to pay him what he wants once he's proved himself as we've done with our other big earners, but coming in and wanting to be our highest earner at his age I feel would rub us the wrong way. Imagine we'd want him to have a season proving he's worth they hype before committing to the sort of deal he wants, or could get elsewhere.
I get that but he’s got the best goals to games ratio in the CL and it’s not even close. He’s only going to get better, is perfectly suited to the PL, has a link to the club and has 12 years ahead of him.

I’m sure the players would be fine with his wages when we’re winning the CL consistently.

I would like him and I expect City would like him, but I think he will move where his agent recons he can get the most press and money (Madrid?).

I also think City will not distance themselves at the moment in case he (or his agent) change their minds or other deals fall through and he will sign for us. Meanwhile we can negotiate for other players with significantly less chance of the deals being leaked as everyone is writing up stories about Haarland and Kane coming to us.

I would like him and I expect City would like him, but I think he will move where his agent recons he can get the most press and money (Madrid?).

I also think City will not distance themselves at the moment in case he (or his agent) change their minds or other deals fall through and he will sign for us. Meanwhile we can negotiate for other players with significantly less chance of the deals being leaked as everyone is writing up stories about Haarland and Kane coming to us.
Raiola will ensure that Haaland goes where he personally makes the most in agents' fees. And he will be expected to be paid tax free off the books. Perhaps City just won't take a chance on this sort of payment after going through a huge FFP saga last year.
Real Madrid on the other hand have no problems finding money from other private sources and breaching financial rules despite their reported gross debts of 901m Euros. They have just been given a free pass to play in the CL despite still being part of the ESL. They are protected by Tebas and will always be the Teflon club. This suits Raiola down to the ground.
I had hoped that Haaland and his father would be sensible enough to see City as the best place to develop his career but money always talks.

The mental gymnastics people are pulling in here is crazy. We aren’t signing Haaland.

I suspect you are correct - all seemed good until the Mino Circus and then something changed and City seem to have gone all in for Kane (although we must have been working simultaneously on that deal for months). Maybe we had an outline deal with the player (Haaland) and his representatives and then we felt we were being played… that’s usually the reason we walk away or perhaps Dortmund have told us ‘no‘ at any price - who knows… but it doesn’t look like he’s coming here.

I get that but he’s got the best goals to games ratio in the CL and it’s not even close. He’s only going to get better, is perfectly suited to the PL, has a link to the club and has 12 years ahead of him.

I’m sure the players would be fine with his wages when we’re winning the CL consistently.
dont be fooled by goals to games especially in cl or Germany, how many did he score vs us? can you remember anything he did of note apart from a shoulder barge? there is no doubting he has talent but its the circus that surrounds Raiola clients is whats the big issue.

Reactions: CC1
Raiola will ensure that Haaland goes where he personally makes the most in agents' fees. And he will be expected to be paid tax free off the books. Perhaps City just won't take a chance on this sort of payment after going through a huge FFP saga last year.
Real Madrid on the other hand have no problems finding money from other private sources and breaching financial rules despite their reported gross debts of 901m Euros. They have just been given a free pass to play in the CL despite still being part of the ESL. They are protected by Tebas and will always be the Teflon club. This suits Raiola down to the ground.
I had hoped that Haaland and his father would be sensible enough to see City as the best place to develop his career but money always talks.
at some point 'i think' money stops talking, if you have 200k floating around in your bank account does it realy matter if you have 210k or 190k instead and of course the more you have the bigger that margin can be, your last bit is bang on being the best place to develope his career.lets hope there is still some life in this one yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.