Etihad atmosphere

There's numerous reasons for it -
Our own psyche - usually expecting the worse - hard to overcome that one.
Pricing.
Middle tier corporate obsession - of which I'm one - and have to admit it's like being in a morgue - not helped by club emails asking people to refrain from shouting and swearing (moving next year - only moved in the first place because of the 3 subterranean rows being put in front of me.).
Embarrassing match day hosts and entertainment.
Piss poor service and lack of ideas at the bars and food outlets.
Fan's leaving early - and all the lame excuses.
Lack of songs.
Shitty pixelated fan flags - because we might cover a logo.
Over stewarding.

Until the club recruit fans to departments within the club, instead of outsourcing to media speaky wankers who haven't got a clue, then it will only continue.
Build the new stand the same as the other and it will be just more of the same.

Just a chef pal.
article-2212838-1553F937000005DC-72_634x520.jpg

The problem is nothing to do with prices. I sit in 315 next to the isle. Apart from about 30 fans no one says anything unless we are two up. The season tickets cost 299 a year and the fans up there are not 'plastics' as some people like to blame the crap atmosphere on.

Took the wife to her first home game yesterday (she's been to a few away games with me) and she unsurprisingly commented how deathly silent the ground was. Admittedly we were in 128 instead of 216 where I normally sit and I don't think the sound travels well at that level.

It seems like we're in a bit of a downward spiral at the moment, a mixture of too much concern that we're going to mess things up on the pitch, people waiting for others to start something up, a demographic that seem a bit apathetic and a catalogue of songs which aren't always the easiest to pick up and probably need updating anyway.

I can't say I've been to many grounds where the atmosphere has been brilliant recently so I don't think it's necessarily something specific to us.

I don't proclaim to know the answers but I do know that if we don't try things then nothing will change and anything is better than sitting with 48,000 people all totally silent.

1) People hate the drum idea but at least it generates some noise. I firmly believe that when there's enough noise people are less afraid to join in themselves. So anything that generates real noise (not from a speaker) will work as an ice breaker

2) I love bluemoon but it's an insipid number - it doesn't generate feeling and therefore doesn't generate passion and doesn't get the crowd going. I do not know how to solve this, the upbeat version that gets played over the speakers is no better - I think we need an alternative well known song to sing that gets the hairs to stand up on the back of necks

3) Boring and unadventurous as it might be but we need simpler chants at least to get people going - hey jude is a good example - i love the complicated ones but it's obvious not everyone does. Simple and repetitive might be a good step forward

4) Away games are always great - I know they're a different beast - but the 2,000 odd away regulars have to up the ante at home. Grab the bull by the horns like we expect Yaya, David or KDB to grab games by the balls and make things happen. It doesn't matter if after a few minutes it's still you lot, you have to keep going. Southampton away a few years back when we sang 'never win at home/away' for 30 minutes solid needs to be the minimum bar.

I went to watch Stockport county on Sunday, they have a drum. I'm ashamed to say that the county fans created Annette atmosphere throughout the game than us. It was continuous too.
The Cheadle End at Stockport County holds over 5000 with no away fans in it. That's double the size of our vocal section and they're five divisions below us, and look through all those leagues in between; dozens upon dozens of clubs (some with tiny stadiums) with much larger vocal sections than we have.

City have concentrated so much on kids, families, the Family Stand (name another worldwide stadium where their Family Stand is a whole stand at one end and the vocal stand is a pitiful effort of an afterthought that holds next to no fans banged next to a large away section, made worse when it's cup games,...), corporates, tourists, daytrippers, no marks from nowhere... and they've either forgotten or purposely ignored the young adult (18-40) vocal local element of our support to the point where they've dissolusioned that demographic.

The club have an opportunity now - that they missed with the initial stadium expansion in 2002 and missed again with the South Stand expansion recently - to get this right at the North Stand end of the ground. Give the vocal fans a proper vocal stand to go and be in and sell it as such, really really promote it as that and big enough to make the thousands of fans who think the current vocal section isn't worth being part of a real opportunity to be part of something really worth being part of. No away fans in there, no corporate sections in there, no bunches of tickets that are club or player "family and friends" areas, no club sponsors areas, nothing but SeasonCard holders for fans who want to make a special vocal stand. Not one tier, not half of one tier, not a small tier...one big stand for us.

Get it right, City...get it fucking right and don't waste this opportunity.

The singing section is supposedly like minded people to the ones who really care, but it's made no difference- most of them are as apathetic as the rest of the stadium.
You can't call that pitiful effort of half a tiny tier banged next to a large away section a serious Singing Section.

It's a fucking joke of an area, that many thousands of fans dotted around the stadium who'd love to be part of an atmosphere will never stoop to be part of. It's an unacceptable appeasement by the club who have ignored atmosphere to fool us all into thinking they've given us a "Singing Section" when in reality it's just a fucking joke.

We all agree that the atmosphere at away games are much better. To make the home atmospheres better, there's a simple way of making the atmosphere better. Why doesn't the club analyse who is buying tickets for away games and contact supporters clubs to see who is getting tickets to away games. If someone is going through a supporters club who doesn't have a ticket, the club could possibly entice them with cheap tickets. From these results you could then message all these people incdiviudally and reassign them to a singing section, possibly the new north stand third their if it goes ahead. This would really work in my eyes and would definitely spark an atmosphere. Allow some tickets to be assigned via a postcode like Anfield maybe to may help. If any member of the 1894 could forward this on it would be great, or get in touch. As for Showsec, get them out.

You can't call that pitiful effort of half a tiny tier banged next to a large away section a serious Singing Section.

It's a fucking joke of an area, that many thousands of fans dotted around the stadium who'd love to be part of an atmosphere will never stoop to be part of. It's an unacceptable appeasement by the club who have ignored atmosphere to fool us all into thinking they've given us a "Singing Section" when in reality it's just a fucking joke.

All this whilst the Barca boys chosen one is cupping his ear at the CB stand and questioning the support of match-going Blues, whilst walking towards the "Tunnel Club"..

Oh, the irony.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.