Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mate i understand where your coming from. and i understand the need for corporate sections. I'm not asking that, but we make so much money that we could clearly reduce prices all round, german teams have shown that. most clubs could. there is no perfect solution as you say though.

Our recent financial report showed a good profit but I asked a question on the financial results thread that assumed we would pay tax on that profit.
The informed response to that was that we have incurred such massive losses in previous seasons that the taxman will not expect to get a cut for many seasons.

Surely if the Inland Revenue understand financial commitments then we should perhaps allow our owner just a little bit more time before he writes off more cash to City.

Last edited:
I think they'd be expanding the North stand even if they'd never seen or heard of these glass tunnels. So to that extent I'm not sure one depends on the other. They'll both increase turnover. Maybe last year's profit and the relatively low cost has brought the tunnel forward because it would have been much fairer to extend the North stand and offer first pick there or anywhere else to those who would be displaced by the tunnel. This way round it is unfair on that section of fans and not good PR at all.

Interesting comments by Paul Beardmore at MIPIM UK.

Manchester Place is a collaboration between Manchester City Council and the Homes & Communities Agency. It was launched in July 2014 with the aim of creating a pipeline of development-ready sites to help the city meet its target of creating 55,000 new homes by 2027.

The data discussed at MIPIM UK showed that while entry-level stock could be absorbed by 2020, the need for mid-range and premium stock will continue to be un-met up to 2024 and beyond.

Beardmore said: “It is very clear both from the research and from seeing the market first hand that there is pent up demand from both owner occupiers looking for high quality homes in the city to purchase and from renters looking for a quality rental product.

“There is an opportunity to expand the city centre market into surrounding areas such as the Irk Valley, Holt Town and Lower Medlock to accommodate quality homes for sale and rent.”

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/mipim-uk-more-homes-needed-despite-growing-pipeline/

Now that Take That have confirmed the Arena not The Etihad for 2017 does that indicate that it's not available due to the expansion works?

This tour seems to be very small fry compared to the tours they have done over the past 10 years, so I don't think that we can read into this.

That being said....id be shocked if work doesn't start this season from what everyone has been saying on here since the summer.

Now that Take That have confirmed the Arena not The Etihad for 2017 does that indicate that it's not available due to the expansion works?

From what I know and have been told there is still plans for up to 10 summer concerts, the original plan for Take That was a 25th Anniversary reunion tour but this has been pushed back, but there is still plans for summer gigs, Rolling Stones have been mentioned as well as some others, so any prep work will probably still go ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.