Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

If anyone wants to read it? Won’t post it in this thread. Post 27,908.

Trafford Council, Peel Holdings and the Rags working together on a Masterplan covering 215 acres, including Old Trafford, which will be renamed the ‘Stadium District’, over 15 years. The Etihad Campus may eventually have a rival across town?

Well as said before and I say it again, City needs to come out with a simple plan for the whole area, all we getting at the moment is my mate down the pub heard this lol

All we need is something like this

Before

1708129827247.png
After
1708130151018.png

Last edited:
If anyone wants to read it? Won’t post it in this thread. Post 27,908.

Trafford Council, Peel Holdings and the Rags working together on a Masterplan covering 215 acres, including Old Trafford, which will be renamed the ‘Stadium District’, over 15 years. The Etihad Campus may eventually have a rival across town?

Scruffy Jim will be 86 by then

I always walk these days and I enjoy it. If you know the canal route and the back way into the station it is only 25 minutes but it is very difficult at night for those with limited mobility. I think Merril street/Pollard street should be restricted to buses, taxis or trams after the match and a shuttle bus service should operate back to town.
You are the Canal Pusher, and I now claim my free bottle of whisky and a walk with you down the canal at midnight :)

Metrolink extended from East Didsbury to Stockport Transport Interchange would be helpful. Apparently that’s the next extension planned for Metrolink with funding being looked at now. It won’t make a huge difference, but it would be popular with City fans from Stockport on a match day.

Greater Manchester Mayor, Andy Burnham, has revealed that an update on plans to extend the Metrolink tram network into Stockport could be expected before the end of the year.
Not to disappoint you but even the announcement is delayed!!

Seriously though, should be something announced soon, but even if it is this wouldn’t materialise into actual trams for many, many years.

“Shared moments of wonder and joy”. This is an embarrassment for City. They can sell it all they want, they’ve been told to do one. No new rail network, despite existing infrastructure - confirmed by Andy Burnham (not that he needed to, has zero powers anyway). No improvements to the Met, which continue to operate a normal service even on a matchday. Instead, they’re lighting up the existing walkway to the ground

United on the other-hand have just had approval from Trafford Council to make dramatic changes to Old Trafford and the surrounding area. It already has 3 different Met lines running past the ground, a rail track and one of the main arteries (Chester Rd) supporting the area. Not to mention MediaCity and Salford Quays.

City needed more than a few jazzy street lamps.
We need a sticky about trains, there is no existing infrastructure. All the money being spent on upgrades is trying to get existing services working to an adequate level.

The Etihad is in a far better position than the swamp for walking to the major railway stations as we are closer to the city centre and always will be. I actually have been parking almost a mile away for games for years now, better walking routes to a transport hub 1.5 to 2 miles away might persuade me to change and others might do the same. For me, the walk along Citylink then cutting up to Shudehill at Holt Town looks best. Just under 2 miles by my reckoning but as the city centre creeps eastwards it’s a much better walk now.

AFAIK the rags haven’t been given the green light to do anything yet, they haven’t even got a plan of what to do yet, Trafford Council have simply released details on how they intend to improve the waterfront. It looks very good but it’s years overdue.

“Shared moments of wonder and joy”. This is an embarrassment for City. They can sell it all they want, they’ve been told to do one. No new rail network, despite existing infrastructure - confirmed by Andy Burnham (not that he needed to, has zero powers anyway). No improvements to the Met, which continue to operate a normal service even on a matchday. Instead, they’re lighting up the existing walkway to the ground

United on the other-hand have just had approval from Trafford Council to make dramatic changes to Old Trafford and the surrounding area. It already has 3 different Met lines running past the ground, a rail track and one of the main arteries (Chester Rd) supporting the area. Not to mention MediaCity and Salford Quays.

City needed more than a few jazzy street lamps.
It's a draft 15-year framework announced by Trafford Council, that is a very long way from approval.

We need a sticky about trains, there is no existing infrastructure. All the money being spent on upgrades is trying to get existing services working to an adequate level.

The Etihad is in a far better position than the swamp for walking to the major railway stations as we are closer to the city centre and always will be. I actually have been parking almost a mile away for games for years now, better walking routes to a transport hub 1.5 to 2 miles away might persuade me to change and others might do the same. For me, the walk along Citylink then cutting up to Shudehill at Holt Town looks best. Just under 2 miles by my reckoning but as the city centre creeps eastwards it’s a much better walk now.

AFAIK the rags haven’t been given the green light to do anything yet, they haven’t even got a plan of what to do yet, Trafford Council have simply released details on how they intend to improve the waterfront. It looks very good but it’s years overdue.
Agree, the ground isn’t too far from the City Centre and I regularly walk it. But there’s much more they can with the existing infrastructure surrounding the ground. There’s an existing rail line which runs through Philips Park and another which branches off that line and runs past the athletics stadium, they could build a few stop there. They could also make improvements to the Ashbury’s platform to accommodate crowds. They also could negotiate with MetroLink to ensure there’s frequent matchday carriages.

It's a draft 15-year framework announced by Trafford Council, that is a very long way from approval.

It is only a Masterplan so no doubt it will be adopted soon, about 2 decades behind Salford on the other side of the canal, and they are jumping on the back of that work.

There have already been at least 2 masterplans for the area around the Etihad, most recently the Eastlands Regeneration Framework in 2017.

It is the Council saying this is what they would like to happen, and makes it easier in Planning terms.

Agree, the ground isn’t too far from the City Centre and I regularly walk it. But there’s much more they can with the existing infrastructure surrounding the ground. There’s an existing rail line which runs through Philips Park and another which branches off that line and runs past the athletics stadium, they could build a few stop there. They could also make improvements to the Ashbury’s platform to accommodate crowds. They also could negotiate with MetroLink to ensure there’s frequent matchday carriages.
You can’t just “build a few stops”.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.