Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

It’s never going to happen, and it would ultimately be a folly, unless it had a viewing platform, but wouldn’t it be great if a replica of the original headgear was built and put where a B of the Bang was located? A fantastic piece of steel engineering.

daves_archive - Flicker

View attachment 111873
Whoever paid for the B of the Bang got totally ripped but I really liked. It was just put together a bit shit.

Whoever paid for the B of the Bang got totally ripped but I really liked. It was just put together a bit shit.
The B of the Bang was stunning for me the problem was the Artist was not involved in the construction which would have made the difference, Structures such as The Angel of the North and the ArcelorMittal Orbit are of similar size and difficulty of construction, but the Artist was the lead in construction for both.
The proof as they say is in the pudding.

The B of the Bang was stunning for me the problem was the Artist was not involved in the construction which would have made the difference, Structures such as The Angel of the North and the ArcelorMittal Orbit are of similar size and difficulty of construction, but the Artist was the lead in construction for both.
The proof as they say is in the pudding.
I didn't know that as I'd imagined the artist welded it together themselves. You would have thought they'd have used someone who knew what the hell they were doing. I am surprised it's never been resurrected perhaps remade in a lighter more viable material.

That is very clever and quite moving in it's own way.

Gone, but nearly forgotten. Fantastic work by Lauren Murphy.
Watched the documentary on the Polmaise Colliery last night on BBC Scotland. Emotional stuff.

Do we have any idea when the final design for the North Stand will be made public?
I am thnking in terms of sections and which parts will be bars etc.
Or has this already been published.
Thanks in advance.

Do we have any idea when the final design for the North Stand will be made public?
I am thnking in terms of sections and which parts will be bars etc.
Or has this already been published.
Thanks in advance.

It’s in the PA. What we haven’t seen yet are detailed designs of the bar areas, City Hall, hotel rooms, etc. All the bells and whistles that will make us go wow again. Hopefully those designs will be made public in due course?

I didn't know that as I'd imagined the artist welded it together themselves. You would have thought they'd have used someone who knew what the hell they were doing. I am surprised it's never been resurrected perhaps remade in a lighter more viable material.
I think you will find it was manufactured by a structural engineering firm, who would have coded welders, so what when wrong must be documented somewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.