Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Good shout on the train station. Where does that line go to?
Nowhere exciting which is the problem. There aren't many current services using it but it's critical for goods routes and train maintenance. It won't change for a long time but still probably worth protecting it as a possible site for the future.

Reactions: jrb
City could extend the car parks backwards, adding extra capacity. It would also give the club a sizeable parcel of land if they ever decided to redevelop the land into something else instead of the car parks

View attachment 111921
Regarding this L-shaped land, I would turn it into Etihad Transport Hub, a lot of fans online like the trail bus service but complain about where it drops you off.

Again copying somewhere else Wembley has the pink multi-storey car that is made for buses that would fit in perfectly to that site with good access to a variety of roads and all the fans need to do is walk up Joe Mercer Way.

1711631575171.png

The future of the site regarding public transport at the moment is buses, but buses can only carry a certain amount of people.

I agree with a train station at the site as they can carry a lot of people at one time, I have written to the major about this but no plans at the moment.

If City are planning to be a EURO 28 host I would ask the government etc to push for a railway station there

Regarding the rest of the site, City must have plans of what they are doing as looking at the drawing here some buildings are not here

1711632149493.png

Last edited:
I didn't know that as I'd imagined the artist welded it together themselves. You would have thought they'd have used someone who knew what the hell they were doing. I am surprised it's never been resurrected perhaps remade in a lighter more viable material.
The artist designed it and the council contracted out the assembling of the structure and the Artist had no input, I don't know 100% but I'm guessing the contractor made alterations to the template they were given, hence the disaster we got.

If the club just had an indoor area that was warm and dry the wait for the metrolink wouldn't even be that bad..it's waiting for absolutely ages in the cold and rain that's the issue.
This is the transport situation in a nutshell. If you've got somewhere warm and dry to wait at with toilets and the possibility of getting a drink and a snack then a lot will do that, meaning there's really no need to spend huge amounts on transport infrastructure and additional running costs.

With the Coop opening soon we may get something like that and when the North Stand is done we'll definitely have it.

If the club just had an indoor area that was warm and dry the wait for the metrolink wouldn't even be that bad..it's waiting for absolutely ages in the cold and rain that's the issue.
You’ll have that opportunity when City Hall opens. As well as staying inside the covered fanzone. That should ease the rush to pile on Metrolink after the match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.