Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Danamy, 12 Jun 2017.

1. dickie davies

dickie davies

Tag team wrestler
    Not a chance and it's not because he wouldn't want something mega special, or hasn't the funds

COMS was built with a grant from Sport England. Following the Commonwealth games the stadium was handed over to Manchester City Council (MCC), who then leased the stadium to Manchester City. All lease payments go to MCC and are ring fenced for sport projects in the Manchester area. It's the Commonwealth games legacy
    When the takeover happened, ADUG liked the inside of the stadium but were very unimpressed with the outside and also the staffs offices. They originally wanted to build a brand new state of the art facility and knock COMS down (new stadium where the campus is, campus on the stadium and collar site)
    To knock COMS down meant that ADUG would have to purchase the stadium. The issue here is that COMS was built using a Sport England grant and any money used to purchase COMS would go to directly to Sport England, not to MCC. As above, the stadium and its income is the Commonwealth games legacy
    It would have been far more economical to knock COMS down and build a new stadium than redeveloping. But it meant the money leaving Manchester

2. Bluep*ss

Bluep*ss

Have been following this thread for years (including the archived thread) .
    This is a genuine Question. - What is the Official capacity of the current Etihad ? - is it 54,500.
    And is the record attendance vs.Bournemouth(hard to believe) / - 54,384 - ?
    Just interested........

3. BJL_City

BJL_City

Quite possibly. You have to factor in segregation as to why certain bigger games will sell out, but have lower attendances.

4. i thought our record attendance was against Leicester

5. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

I agree with you DD but I’m not the guy who gets the sack if ticket income falls. My view is the Club should announce the North Stand expansion and demand will grow. Build it and they will come.

6. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Property Development
    Went to a breakfast seminar with the chief exec of Manchester life speaking this morning. Didn’t magage to ask directly about the stadium itself but a few snippets.

Got the very distinct impression the area around the stadium is a slow burner as they develop new Islington and ancoats. The first residents have moved in the manchester life schemes last week and they have sold the first 30 apartments in Murray’s mill. This is phase 1 of six phases of development essentially stretching from town to the etihad. The adug group have just bought the retail park (where toys r us is) as well so they continue to invest heavily in Manchester. The main news was that transport to the stadium is very much being looked at.

Think that may potentially be improved before the stand!

It will happen just maybe not just yet.

7. Marvin

Marvin

54,693 (Manchester City vs Leicester City, 6 February 2016)
    Capacity: 55,097

Source: wiki

8. Marvin

Marvin

I enquired about the waiting list and was told that if you purchase the Cityzens Matchday membership you are automatically enrolled into the waiting list.

9. Zubrman

Zubrman

Train Driver
    Nope. That's not right.

10. Marvin

Marvin

It may have changed then?

I am just quoting from their communication, "When you purchase the membership they are automatically enrolled on to the waiting list."