Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Agree totally. Some of the best Atmospheres I can remember - Hamburg, we were up against it. Derby where Vinny got sent off early on, Chelsea when Luiz should have gone...all cracking atmospheres.

Personally, I know I haven't felt as 'up for it' this year, as pretty much every game is a walk in the park. Yet this is far and away the best team I've ever watched, playing, at times, the best brand of football.

A proper quandary,
Well the edge to a game goes when you are 2-0 up or totally confident. I think that's natural. Plus of course we have only really had one big game at home so far. We seem to have played most of the big sides away, and the strugglers at home. 2nd half of the season it will reverse.

Is a family stand, i.e. an specific stand or area within a stand important? I can see that concessionary pricing making it possible for a whole family to come is important but is sitting together in one stand important too?
Only advantage I can see is, catering for younger children on the concourse behind, and maybe stricter stewarding regards language etc, don't know though ,not been in it.

The Family Stand move is an awkward situation because of how large it is.

It simply doesn’t fit anywhere logical in the ground apart from the CB or ES third tiers, and then you have the more emotional thoughts about that and having kids or elderly fans up at the highest level isn’t exactly what you would want either.

I’d maybe have it up there in part if fans specifically want a kid friendly concourse etc, but also offer fans the chance to have tickets with the same price anywhere else in the ground. When the stand is finished, Family Stand people should have first refusal on any seats outside of the new North Stand.

Important to remember that at Maine Road not every kid sat in the Family Stand, and when we played Shakhtar recently there were absolutely loads of kids in the South Stand and all seemed to be having a great time. You can still go to football and not being in a FS with a kid, especially these days, and have a good experience.

Last edited:
Only advantage I can see is, catering for younger children on the concourse behind, and maybe stricter stewarding regards language etc, don't know though ,not been in it.

The FS offers a lot more than this. There are murels/pictures on the walls where the kids can have photographs taken with their favourite player etc. There are also games including electronic ones such as FIFA on the concourse inside the Stadium plus many other initiatives that make it a fun day out for the kids. Not to mention the Club mascots at half time firing T Shirts into the crowd. The kids love it. You couldn't replicate that anywhere else in the ground as kids would be scattered all around the ground or in the 3rd Tier if some had their way. Its just one of many issues that the Club face. I appreciate many wouldn't have ever been in the FS but it is more than many would believe.

Is a family stand, i.e. an specific stand or area within a stand important? I can see that concessionary pricing making it possible for a whole family to come is important but is sitting together in one stand important too?

I think the pricing is a big contributor as an adult and junior in L2 NS saves £150(17%) on a similar L2 SS. The kids facilities are neither here nor there nobody spends any real time on them, my 7 year old asked to go back to our seats in SS2 when we moved for a cup game. If early go to the minihad so the kids can play with a football.

The Family Stand move is an awkward situation but Family Stand people should have first refusal on any seats outside of the new North Stand, if they want to move.

Important to remember that at Maine Road not every kid sat in the Family Stand, and when we played Shakhtar recently there were absolutely loads of kids in the South Stand and all seemed to be having a great time. You can still go to football and not being in a FS with a kid, especially these days, and have a good experience.

^This, kids aren't bothered they just want to be at the match. Would be interesting how many would stay if the Family pricing was the same all over the ground.

The FS offers a lot more than this. There are murels/pictures on the walls where the kids can have photographs taken with their favourite player etc. There are also games including electronic ones such as FIFA on the concourse inside the Stadium plus many other initiatives that make it a fun day out for the kids. Not to mention the Club mascots at half time firing T Shirts into the crowd. The kids love it. You couldn't replicate that anywhere else in the ground as kids would be scattered all around the ground or in the 3rd Tier if some had their way. Its just one of many issues that the Club face. I appreciate many wouldn't have ever been in the FS but it is more than many would believe.
If it adds value, then keep it then but maybe move it to EL1 or another stand. Someone's going to be displaced though and there will be objections. Logistically it would be easiest to do nothing and leave everyone as they are but easiest is not necessarily the best.

I'm just in the family stand in block 232 with my 12yo boy and couldn't care less if we are in the family stand or not. So long as I get the ticket discount, I don't care about the dedicated stand. However, I do like the corner seats we have now and wouldn't want to move unless to a similar area. A spine issue means I can't stand for extended periods, so that's out, though I think a standing area is a must with the redevelopment.

I would relocate the family stand to the South Stand corner blocks, next to the Colin Bell stand.

Blocks 121, 119’ 118.(117?)

I think a large majority of current south standers will move to the North Stand.

That will free up 1000’s of seats in the South Stand.

I know most of 114 and 115 would move.

I would Love to know how many seats the family stand takes up in the NS. As many NS seats are kept aside for schools, staff, etc.

Is level 2 classed as the family stand as well, or is that normal seating?

Could they not just have a kid's fans zone outside the ground and all the stuff they have in the concourse and more could be put in there? Then there wouldn't need to be a dedicated family stand because all the stuff that differentiates it from the rest of the ground would be accessible to any kids / families that want to access it

Could they not just have a kid's fans zone outside the ground and all the stuff they have in the concourse and more could be put in there? Then there wouldn't need to be a dedicated family stand because all the stuff that differentiates it from the rest of the ground would be accessible to any kids / families that want to access it
They do this in the CFA with ticketed family days already to some extent. I like your idea as it would mean that all families could use it and no tickets required

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.