EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about the extreme views on both side and it's all fear so I thought I would return the debate to the positives. I think the following reasons are why we should exit.

1. Democracy and the fact that we can hold those enacting the majority of our laws to account. Sovereignty is the most important thing for me.
  2. We will keep 250m per week that we give to the Eu. This is the net fact figure taken from that eu facts website. This is a billion a month we can spend on the nhs, roads and schools.
  3. We can have a coherent immigration policy focusing on the skills and people we need globally as opposed to anybody is allowed in simply on the basis of an Euro passport. To take the heat out of the immigration debate I must say I recognise the need for continued immigration into the uk it's vital for growth but out gives us the basis to be more global to get the best people.
  4. There will be at least some rest bite on the support services on the front line, housing, nhs and schools and we can plan properly our population growth and plan our housing policy and schools based on the fact that we now can control the immigration numbers.
  5. We will be able to agree and trade on a more decisive basis globally without the baggage of Europe. Trade agreements are I am afraid a bit of a myth. Indeed trading globally is not to the exclusion of Europe. that would continue.
Can I ask the inners to just put forward 5 benefits of staying in. I would prefer it if these were benefits not counter arguments to mine which then leads to extreme views. I would hope given we have been in the Eu for over 30 years this is really easy because all you do is pick actual examples of what currently is happening and what benefits the Euro is actually doing for us and just list them
There are loads and all will be attributed by Brexiters as things that will be fine after Brexit, or are nothing to do with it. Unprecedented decades of European wealth, peace, cooperation, cosmopolitan living, eyes opening up to the world etc would all have happened anyway. The automatic argument is anything good would have happened anyway and anything bad wouldn't - so what's the point

There are loads and all will be attributed by Brexiters as things that will be fine after Brexit, or are nothing to do with it. Unprecedented decades of European wealth, peace, cooperation, cosmopolitan living, eyes opening up to the world etc would all have happened anyway. The automatic argument is anything good would have happened anyway and anything bad wouldn't - so what's the point
Cooperation? Cosmopolitan living? Eyes opening up to the world? Quality.

1) The EU share of world output has fallen from 30% (1980) to 17% (2015) thanks to growth elsewhere ( IMF World economic outlook 2015)
2) And Terrorists, criminals and illegal immigrants.
3) Since when does human rights have anything to do with being a member of a trade block
4)Utter bollocks, speculation and not the facts you were asked for
5)The EU currency the euro is far from stable
6) The EU fund nothing
7)? explain
8) Open v controlled borders should be a no brainer for most, see #2

Happy that those are stuck to to be honest can't see an issue with either , I will always be who I am regardless of where I move and will always have a huge interest in a place I was born, brought up, family and friends live and I am a citizen of as are my kids .
Still not "we" though is it.

There must be some facts and evidence that can be pointed to as to what Europe does for us for a billion (net) a month. I am educated and open minded. I was an inner when this started. . The debate seems to be about exiters stating why they would leave and the inners saying that's shit britain is corrupt as well, you are a racist, business leaders want it , Gravity will stop, we will fall into the sea etc.

Just please factually what is good that makes my life so much better everyday that comes from Europe that makes that billion a month and the loss of democracy all worth it. It seems really hard for inners to do so I will help.

I think it's a good thing that if I wanted to live in France or Spain, I simply could. Equally if retired I could draw my uk pension whilst over there. I think that is good. I don't know whether this won't be allowed after we exit but the principle of this is good. I still don't think the price of this is worth it but it is one example I can think of a good thing.

1) The EU share of world output has fallen from 30% (1980) to 17% (2015) thanks to growth elsewhere ( IMF World economic outlook 2015)
2) And Terrorists, criminals and illegal immigrants.
3) Since when does human rights have anything to do with being a member of a trade block
4)Utter bollocks, speculation and not the facts you were asked for
5)The EU currency the euro is far from stable
6) The EU fund nothing
7)? explain
8) Open v controlled borders should be a no brainer for most, see #2

Not sure if your referencing my list here but will assume you are,

1) Despite that the EU is still the largest Economic group in the world ( depending on who you look at by the look of it, Its either biggest or 2nd biggest
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal) )
2) would happen anyway, we have passport control anyways, nothing would change on the illegal's front, If Criminals and Terrorists want in they will get in. Not that we've had any terrorists come in yet.
3) was added as the Tories have said they want to break away from the ECHR in the past, its not clear if this is linked with the EU exit. Hence me saying as much.
4) https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-jobs-and-eu/
5) And us exiting it would make it even less stable and would likley cause a global crash.
6) Symantics, the EU get given money by member states, that money is then dished out by them. ergo they fund things!. the same way a government funds things from Tax.
7) A bit off the wall but the EU set up and provides a lot of consumer protection that we didn't have before and may not have after. be it refunds to saftey levels etc.
8) See point 2.

Last edited:
Not sure if your referencing my list here but will assume you are,

1) Despite that the EU is still the largest Economic group in the world
2) would happen anyway, we have passport control anyways, nothing would change on the illegal's front, If Criminals and Terrorists want in they will get in. Not that we've had any terrorists come in yet.
3) was added as the Tories have said they want to break away from the ECHR in the past, its not clear if this is linked with the EU exit. Hence me saying as much.
4) https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-jobs-and-eu/
5) And us exiting it would make it even less stable and would likley cause a global crash.
6) Symantics, the EU get given money by member states, that money is then dished out by them. ergo they fund things!. the same way a government funds things from Tax.
7) A bit off the wall but the EU set up and provides a lot of consumer protection that we didn't have before and may not have after. be it refunds to saftey levels etc.
8) See point 2.
If the EU is such a power house then why would the UK leaving cause the euro to fail and a global crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.