• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you a vampire? ;-)

There is a de facto global currency called the dollar. Oil is valued in it and China's currency is (kinda still) pegged to it. If you think we have global halves and have nots now, wait until you have one currency and one tax system!
I suck the life out of people do yes ! That I think will happen and then comes the real revolution

Agreed, he told us that himself. Do you think for one moment he would have called a referendum if he had any intention of trying to remain in N.10at the next election.

Quite frankly, like the rest of tenure in office I don't he gives a fuck, him ans Osborne are just playing at it. When it all goes tits up, they'll shrug their shoulders and fuck of to several high paid city non exec directorships and take their places in Brussels.

He wont have any say in the rest of his tenure.

IF and I accept its a BIG IF, we vote to leave there is a huge possibility we will be asked the question again BUT only if the EU come to the UK with a significant offer for reforming itself which will put the UK into a much stronger negotiating position than Cameron enjoyed earlier this term. Whoever the PM is at that time will have a major dilemma, especially if it's Boris. As I posted earlier I think we are in a terrible position because regardless of whether we're in or out after the 23rd we are to all intents and purposes a busted flush.

It is interesting to note that Cameron has changed his stance significantly. He is now saying we have a strong economy and are in a healthy enough state to survive should we vote to leave. I do find that to be a bit well.... I won't use the word disingenuous but let's say strange.

Would the PM have any choice? There is a huge pro EU majority of MPs in parliament. Something like 450- 500 out of 650 MPs. If the EU did make a significant offer, couldn't parliament vote through a second referendum with or without the PM's agreement?

Would the PM have any choice? There is a huge pro EU majority of MPs in parliament. Something like 450- 500 out of 650 MPs. If the EU did make a significant offer, couldn't parliament vote through a second referendum with or without the PM's agreement?
I guess the only choice a P M would have would be to back a referendum ir resign? Poor Boris eh? Or maybe Poor Gideon eh?

A bit sideshow Bob, but if we did leave the eu will the value of UK footballers go even more through the roof?
Apologies for mentioning football in here, just curious

A bit sideshow Bob, but if we did leave the eu will the value of UK footballers go even more through the roof?
Apologies for mentioning football in here, just curious

Maybe initially, but eventually the opposite. Assuming work permit regulations stay the same, which I'd suggest is unlikely.

If Leave win it wouldn't be Osborne. It would be a Brexiter, most likely Johnson.
Agreed, I wonder how either could govern successfully if there was a very fine margin either way? Almost impossible I might suggest.

Just thinking about this logically, every single referendum result that has gone against the EU has either been a) ignored or b) put back to the people to 'think again'. I think we'd all agree that they couldn't simply ignore a leave vote because all hell would break loose. So what would the response of the EU be to potentially losing one of it's biggest net contributors, one of the biggest economies on the planet, and it's largest export market? Would it be a c'est la vie approach of well they've voted to leave so we respect the outcome, or do they enter in to serious negotiations to address the concerns of the Brits and accept that we don't see things the same way? I'd say past experience would suggest we'll be ask to think again, but this can't happen without major concessions and this time the British PM won't have to go around kissing the arse of the Polish president to get them, because he'll have a much stronger hand to play with the very real threat of Britain leaving the EU if he doesn't get what he wants.

Agreed, I wonder how either could govern successfully if there was a very fine margin either way? Almost impossible I might suggest.
Probably why Cameron is softening his language towards brexit(ers). He realises we will vote remain but not with a convincing enough majority for him to have a real mandate to govern if he nails his colours too hard to the mast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.