European away games ticketing policy

Arsenal have just communicated to their fans

"
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION*
We are making some changes to the way tickets are issued to fans on our trips to
Europe. This follows a disappointing increase in anti-social behaviour by some
of our travelling fans.

As a result, the following process will be in place for all future UEFA
Champions’ League away matches:
•We will now require members at the time of booking to provide the following
information for all future UEFA Champions League away matches:
•The full name of the TRAVELLING SUPPORTER * using the Match ticket
•Passport Number
•Date of birth

*(TRAVELLING SUPPORTER) - We know that some members have more than one season
ticket registered in their own name or registered in a company name.
Consequently the details that the season ticket is held under will not be the
same as the supporter travelling to the game. You will need to supply details of
the travelling supporter.

Please be aware that if details are incorrect at the time of booking, the
booking will be cancelled and a full refund will be issued. You must ensure ALL
details are correct for the travelling supporter before completing the
transaction. The name and date of birth of the travelling supporter will be
detailed on each match ticket. Details of the travelling supporter cannot be
changed once the booking has been made.

All travelling supporters’ information (name, passport number and date of birth)
will be shared by the Club with the Metropolitan Police prior to the match to
help prevent further incidences of anti-social behaviour.

Matchday checks at the away ground turnstiles:
•Checks will be carried out before entering the stadium
•Your passport number/ID must correlate to the name on the ticket otherwise
entry to the stadium will be refused

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. This process will be
continually reviewed and may change for future UEFA Champions’ League matches in
Europe.

As a 14,000 pointer who's previously missed out on match tickets having pre booked travel and accommodation I'm obviously in favour of the collection system because of the benefits it's brings personally. That doesn't mean to say I can't see the the problems with the way the system is being managed or admit they exist. The club need to realise that they can't adopt a 'one size fits all' policy for European away games because each tie presents its own unique set of challenges, what would work in Barcelona doesn't necessarily work in Glasgow and clearly won't work in Monchengladbach. The club shouldn't be looking at this from a 'what's easiest for us' perspective they should be looking at it from a 'what's easiest for the fans' perspective. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that they should have foreseen the potential problems in Glasgow or that they address the potential problems in Monchengladbach.

A lot of people are being sidetracked by the points whore issue, although this has perhaps been the only positive outcome from the ticket distribution fiasco can we keep it separate as it has no bearing on the clubs policy.
The facts are UEFA insist that clubs put procedures in place which guarantee they have the name and address of each ticket user, so methods needed to be put in place to stop transfer of tickets. City seem to have adopted the sledge hammer approach with what the vast majority of fans see as a disrespectful, thoughtless and badly thought out method. City need to have a rethink, some way of issuing the tickets by post, so everyone has their own ticket before travelling. One way would be for city to stamp the tickets with the supporters passport number and then simply show the ticket and passport on entry, anyone found flouting the rules had their season ticket taken off them ! Celtic, Barcelona and now it would seem Arsenal do not expect their fans to queue up abroad ! City need to come up with a official statement as to why they do it this way to stop speculation and give a good reason why other methods cannot be put in place !

As a 14,000 pointer who's previously missed out on match tickets having pre booked travel and accommodation I'm obviously in favour of the collection system because of the benefits it's brings personally. That doesn't mean to say I can't see the the problems with the way the system is being managed or admit they exist. The club need to realise that they can't adopt a 'one size fits all' policy for European away games because each tie presents its own unique set of challenges, what would work in Barcelona doesn't necessarily work in Glasgow and clearly won't work in Monchengladbach. The club shouldn't be looking at this from a 'what's easiest for us' perspective they should be looking at it from a 'what's easiest for the fans' perspective. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that they should have foreseen the potential problems in Glasgow or that they address the potential problems in Monchengladbach.
Fully agree.
I'm sure that given time the club will learn about how the ticket collection can be improved to satisfy the people who are against it.
On the 3 occasions that i have had to collect it was handled very efficiently by the club employees.

Fully agree.
I'm sure that given time the club will learn about how the ticket collection can be improved to satisfy the people who are against it.
On the 3 occasions that i have had to collect it was handled very efficiently by the club employees.
Would you not rather save the hassle and have the ticket posted to you !!!??

Would you not rather save the hassle and have the ticket posted to you !!!??
If it means going back to the system before the collections then a no from me.
For the PSG game my son who is 13 also managed to get a ticket on his points which are just shy of 8000.

If it means going back to the system before the collections then a no from me.
For the PSG game my son who is 13 also managed to get a ticket on his points which are just shy of 8000.
You are missing the point, the prevention of ticket whoring would still remain, it's the process of having to collect the tickets which is the issue, Arsenal, Celtic and Barcelona don't have to do it !

Again.

Print off your flight and hotel details.
Take them to the ticket office at the Etihad.
Pick up your ticket that you have already bought via your branch, online, or at the ticket office.
If you are a long distance blue, email your flight and hotel details over to City, and City can post your ticket out to you.
No need for City to hire a venue, take staff over, and arrange everything that goes with the current setup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.