European away games ticketing policy

That issue (train travel) has already been raised with her at the Derby. Although there is a rumour that free train travel is only now for bundeslega games and not Europeans?

It was also suggested that we have Düsseldorf collection first day and gladbach second day (but others do Cologne) so wait to see what if anything happens.

5 games it's been in place now

Kiev - not best place in a city where we were told to be careful security wise - small queues
Paris - illogical place - more than 12 tube stops for some - reasonable queues
Madrid - good pick up point and acceptable queues
Bucharest - outside ground - just badly signposted or maybe I was too pissed to find it- no queue
Glasgow - horrendous - enough said

I tend to agree that we could cut queues down if you can prove you have been to and collected tickets for most (or a good percentage of the above games - especially as your purchase history will show how many you have been to over the years) by sending tickets and wristbands out to those in that category.

That would still inconvenience some but at least cut the numbers queuing (and once you reach the qualifying numbers of games queues for you too can be exempt).

A post on another thread mentions Lisa was not aware of the free travel, however she is now. Not sure how true. I do feel for the fans who have booked in Dussledorf but the tickets surely must only be collect in the city of the game. Again another form of control keeping all the fans in one place

I agree that collection would probably have to be in Gladbach itself but there aren't actually that many hotel rooms there and not all City fans that are staying over would be able to get a room in Gladbach as a result.

Am I right in thinking that you were all for this introduction when announced, and that it would benefit people who are on the mid point criteria ?
Yep but it has impacted the other fans too much. Also the lower points fans now have to step up and buy the tickets now available to them. Barca will go to open sale as will a number of domestic aways. I won't hold my breath.

You are correct on one point that I did not go on Wednesday due to my points not being sufficient to buy.
However, This new system has allowed me to purchase tickets on my own criteria for games in Paris & Madrid.
If it means a 20 minute wait in the Pull man hotel or a shopping centre then that's fine by me.

Now can you now see why I'm all for it ?? It bring people like me on 12000 points into the frame for these games.

I could join a supporters club and try and jump the que that way but I'm very much against that way of getting tickets for matches.

So cut out your petty responses about telling me about being selfish as it makes you look stupid.
I believe as has been said before most people don't have a problem with the policy, it's the implication of it, the practicalities of the collection

to me a points whore posts on social media "i can get you a ticket". saw some Chelsea tickets on sale two hours in to the first day of sale once. the club should contact that seller with a view to buy then after the transaction remove his season card there and then. give it the next person on the waiting list. on the other hand if say 6 blues going to games and one of them fall short on points I don't see anything wrong should any of his mates giving him a ticket should they not make it. my daughter has almost 18000 points but could'nt give her brother her Celtic ticket as she was working. that's plain wrong to me. especially as we know supporters clubs give out tickets willy nilly. one lad I met had 5000 points.
Its the supporters clubs who need stopping in that case.

Appreciate this viewpoint has been done to death already. I've got my own suspicions about why this has been brought in and they're more to do with controlling fans and possibly for commercial gain (getting more people to book on official trips) as opposed to stopping "points whores". The latter is, IMO, the only positive to all this but I think it's no more than an unintended positive.

The independent non-points whore travellers are the biggest loser in all this and there are far more of those than unintended beneficiaries. Surely it's possible to tweak things so that nobody is inconvenienced to the extent we saw in Glasgow - there have been some good suggestions on here.

Of course, there's also another situation looming and it concerns Gladbach away and the issue of free train travel across a certain area on production of your match ticket. What's the betting that City haven't even considered this factor? As such, when I return from my holiday next week I'm going to e-mail Lisa Eaton and raise the issue with her.

The fact that other clubs, including Leicester, have introduced similar processes suggests to me that someone has been waving a big stick at the clubs. Its unlikely that Leicester have a points whore problem, a bad reputation abroad, or are trying to ditch traditional fans. Some things have emerged as by products of this eg the clubs seeing it as a chance to push official travel. But these must be minor benefits compared to the sheer hassle that this process must involve for the clubs. I just cant see why any club would want to introduce this process unless they'd been given the hard word, do it or have it imposed,

Is the obvious answer not to just put more staff on the ticket collection point?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.