European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

Quite clearly we need to see much more detail of the proposed new competitions. At the moment it still seems very American in its organisation with a "regular season" followed byplay offs, but the ruling also pointed out that new competitions outside UEFA and FIFA had also to satisfy competition laws and this opens the door to long periods of litigation. It is also unwise to think that clubs will wish to enlist, and, in particular, there is a real danger of yet another split between the English authorities and UEFA and FIFA.

For UEFA and FIFA the ruling is clearly of massive significance. It really does mark the end of the days when UEFA could even think of telling the ECJ that the Bosman affair was a purely football matter and no business of the courts. They have been found in breach of competition law as they clearly were and their arrogant assumption that they could do as they please has been shown - yet again - to be woefully misguided. If UEFA has any sense - and it is a genuinely sizeable if - it will look at its other regulations from the perspective of competition law and restraint of trade. The PL and FA would be well advised to take heed of this ruling and the earlier one on agents fees and the rights of sport governing bodies because ALL football's governing bodies seem to be very vulnerable. I doubt they will do this because I am old enough to remember the George Eastham case of 1963 when the courts ruled that the contracts footballers had to sign were not enforceable in law and that the retain and transfer system was unlawful. Forty years later UEFA still argued that the retain and transfer system was for them to decide not the courts. Such is the terminal stupidity of UEFA ...

This shows the format and how it will work

**BREAKING NEWS**

ManUre come out in full support of UEFA, the Premier League & The ECA!

Barça Boss Laporte has come out fighting saying European clubs can now plot their own course & are now free from UEFA's unfair monopoly on football.

Interestingly he said the SL DOESN'T affect national leagues, & if anything it will enhance them.

Rags have released a statement saying they aren’t joining it.

I assume the same statement will be put on ours after being signed by Joel Glazer.
Maybe slightly cynical on my part, it looks like a fairly noncommittal holding statement not ruling out any options in the future under the guise of continued development of the game

It’s going to happen eventually so buckle up and get ready.

No they don’t give a shit about the average match day fan, there’s only one thing the fat cats in charge care about and that’s making…

1703164517910.gif

Doesn’t replace domestic leagues and is an open competition that can be qualified for via sporting merit. Free to watch. Owned by the clubs and not corrupted by UEFA or FIFA.

Why are people so against this again?
It might not replace domestic leagues in name, but will more than likely turn them into 2nd class trophies like FA & League Cup. Who's to say they won't eventually move the games to more profitable weekends slots

Whats this about the pre-authorisation being the illegal thing and that really thats all EuFA have been found guilty of?

I haven't read the judgment yet, but I expected it to be that UEFA is confirmed as the regulator for the sport in Europe, but that they need to have regulations with which external competitions have to comply. They didn't have this at the time, so they couldn't punish clubs. They have such regulations now, afaik, and as long as they can be shown to be for the benefit of the sport, they can be imposed on competitions, or not licensed. Maybe it's that.

Or maybe it's all bollocks. :)

**BREAKING NEWS**

ManUre come out in full support of UEFA, the Premier League & The ECA!

Barça Boss Laporte has come out fighting saying European clubs can now plot their own course & are now free from UEFA's unfair monopoly on football.

Interestingly he said the SL DOESN'T affect national leagues, & if anything it will enhance them.
Bayern have too. United are two faced cunts

And if they want to be part of the FIFA and UEFA structures which, I imagine, they wouldn't be if they withdraw from the PL. As I understand it, the judgment merely says UEFA were wrong to penalise clubs when they didn't have any defined regulations for external competitions. That is a common theme in ECJ decisions, but they have that now. As long as FIFA and UEFA are the governing bodies, then any external competition will have to comply or be completely externalised, which I imagine wouldn't fly. As long as FIFA and UEFA can show their regulations support the EMS, then an ESL doesn't look so attractive any more.

Also, don't be fooled by this new "merit" argument. As I understand it, the original members are permanent unless they get relegated from the bottom division. That is not going to happen, of course. It's not to replace the CL, the intention is to replace the domestic leagues which, imo, is another reason it won't fly.

And there are others .....
FIFA and it's regional parts can really kill this stone dead once and for all.

Simply release a statement that any club is free to leave any time it wants and play outside it's jurisdiction.

Any club, player's, coaches and affiliates (including broadcasters, sponsors and media outlets) participating in breakaway competitions will not be considered for registration within the FIFA Umbrella for a period of ten years since last taking any part with a breakaway club or competition.

Would you let your 10 year old son or daughter attend a coaching session if it meant they couldn't play for their school or any other football for ten years?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.